Chapter 8Controlling Information Systems: Introduction to Pervasive and
1. The use of IT resources for enterprise systems and e-business
a. magnifies the importance of protecting the resources both within and outside of th
Information Systems Today, 5e (Valacich/Schneider)
Chapter 6: Enhancing Business Intelligence Using Information Systems
1) Which of the following statements is true about business intelligence?
A) It is the act of outsourcing tasks, traditionally performe
CH9 MULTIPLE CHOICE
1. The two primary steps in preparing the control matrix include
a. specifying control goals, recommending control plans
b. specifying control plans, specifying input goals
c. specifying the control environment, identifying information
Chapter 4: Enabling Commerce Using the Internet
1) Electronic commerce is used to conduct business with business partners such as suppliers and
intermediaries. This form of EC is commonly referred to as _ electronic commerce.
1. Event data processing is the process whereby:
a. event related data are collected and stored
2. Which of the following statements related to event-driven systems is false?
c. Current systems can permanently retain data about individual events.
Chapter 5Database Management Systems
1. Business processes such as hiring employees, purchasing inventory, and collecting cash from
customers are called events.
2. The traditional applications approach to business event processing view o
Chapter 5: Enhancing Collaboration Using Web 2.0
1) Which of the following is a basic concept associated with Web 2.0?
A) shift in users' preference from online sites to encyclopedias as sources of unbiased
B) shift in users' role from the pas
Chapter 7: Enhancing Business Processes Using Enterprise Information Systems
1) Traditionally, companies are organized around four distinct functional areas. Which of the
following is one of those four areas?
A) supply chain management
B) risk management
Chapter 10: Securing Information Systems
1) A group of inexperienced computer operators cause the loss of valuable information. This
information loss can be classified as one caused due to _.
A) natural disasters
B) interactions with consultants
Chapter 2: Gaining Competitive Advantage Through Information Systems
1) At the _ level of a firm, the routine, day-to-day business processes and interactions
with customers occur.
1. A process by which organizations select objectives, establish processes to achieve objectives,
and monitor performance is
c. organizational governance
2. A process, effected by an entitys board of directors, management and other personnel, applied