NAME:._ CRNabtime- College Physics 1
DATE: October 28, 2016 PHYS 1411]
Exam # 3 Dr. Slater:
instructions: Write neatly! Show all work. Complete all problems.
1. There is a. new cheese shop in Little Beck, Kent Walkm- Artisan Cheese, where they make their
4- Biophysics: Traumatic Brain Injury Studies of helmet to hnimet collisions in professional football
suggest an acceleration threshold range of (g to 106g for impacts of roughly 101115 duration. Note: the
the g here is the acceleration due to gravity, 9.
2- Biophysics: The woman on the 10ft is using bad form to lift the weight; We'll model her back as
illustmied in the figure to the right. What. form: must her bad: muscles exert. to maintain equilibrium?
3. Biophysics: Some birds of prey, such as the northern goshawk, hunt other birds in midair. Woolly
the hawk spots the prey while soaring high above, then dives in for the kill with the deadly grip of its
talc-us- They do not shy away from larger prey, su
4. Biophysics: The gme belaw is from a paper2 about. the behavim of nesting penguins. The penguins:
need to keep their egg and chicks warm and hence cant get far from thei: nest. So, how do they eliminate
waste? The; squirtr it nut! The gure below is frm
NAIVIE:_._._._._ CRN/labtimehmn College Physics 1
DATE: Septuhr 30, 2016 PHYS 1410
Ebcam # 2 Dr. Slatun
Instructitms: Write neatly! Show all work. Complete all problems.
1. Biophysics: The leg 311d cast in the gure below has a mass of?!) 1:3. Determine th
2. Refer to the following velocity vs time graph to answer the questions below. Assume the object starts
at the origin, a: = D.
cfw_A What is the average acceleration during the interval E] 4: t < 4? How far does
NAME- CRN: College Physics 1
DATE: September 9, 2016 PHYS 1410
Exam # 1 Dr. Slaton
Instructions: .Write neatly! W'ork all four prublcms.
1. Refer to the following position vs time graph to muswer the questions below.
l] a 14 16 13 2 5(5) 1:
4. A cheetah is capable of reaching 45 mph (20 mfg from rest in 2.0 seconds. They have a maximum
speed of 70 mph (31 mfg) which they can sustain over an average prey chase distance of 3.5 miles.
(A) What is the cheetah's accede-ration during the rst two s
3. At the 2016 Summer 'CerIupicei1 Michelle Carter (USA) won the gold medal for shot put. The 4.0 kg
ball left. Michelle's hand at a. speed of 13.5 mfs (30.2 mph!). If the throw took 0.133 sec: what. was the
halls acceleration duriml: the throw and how fa
2. You agree tn build a backyard rope tow to pull year siblings up a Ell-m snow-covered eici slop-e that is
tilted at 15 reletive to the herizmltel. You must choose a motor that can pull your 40-kg sister up the hill-
Determine the force that the rope sho
3. Biophysics: How eas jump has been an ongoing debate in the scientic literature for Imme- time.
Hammer, 3. recent puma:1 sheds some light on the mechamsm. The authors nd that 3. 1131333 jump takes
1.4 ms and leaves the ground at a speed of 1.3.111/5. Th