Federal Corporate Tax
Paper topic due no later than September 17, 2015
Papers due October 22, 2015
Paper: Write 4 to 5 pages about a corporate tax topic. Focus on the tax issue and/or consequences of
the tax is
ANSWERS TO EXERCISES
1-1 (Learning objective 1-1) What is fraud examination?
Answer: Fraud examination is a process for resolving allegations of fraud from inception to
disposition. Fraud examinations involve not only financial
Corporate Income Tax
October 21, 2015
Obamas Corporate Tax Proposal
Moving a business or expanding a business offshore or overseas can have its ups and
downs. It can be very costly and time consuming, but there are also man
Bernie Ebbers was the founder of WorldCom
WorldCom was a very large telecommunications company and was
the largest in the United States
It was held responsible for waking up the slow-moving in
November 1, 2015
1. Expense reimbursement schemes occur when employees make false claims for reimbursement
of fictitious or inflated business expenses. There are four principal methods by which fraudsters
November 15, 2015
1. The five categories identified in this chapter are misuse, unconcealed larceny, asset requisitions
and transfers, purchasing and receiving schemes, and fraudulent shipments.
2. According to the
Chapter 10 Review Questions
November 22, 2015
1. The four categories are bribery, illegal gratuities, economic extortion, and conflict of interest.
2. Bribery influences a decision and then illegal gratuity rewards the deci
November 29, 2015
1. Financial statement fraud is intentional misstatements or omissions of amounts or disclosures of
financial statements to deceive investors, creditors, and other users of financial statements.
November 29, 2015
1. They are referred to as financial statement fraud because the fraudster participates in falsifying
the companys financial statements. They do this by overstating the revenue/assets or
Federal Tax Process,
By: Bridget Sobon
Federal Tax Legislative Process
Proposed tax laws start the formal tax legislative process as a bill.
The steps of the legislation process are:
The tax bill is initiated in the Ho
Snapple was founded in 1972 in Brooklyn ,New York by three ordinary individuals Leonard
Marsh and Hyman Golden how had a daily job of Window washing. They were brothers in laws.
The two teamed up with Arnold Greenberg who was a food store owner at the tim