Review questions for lecture 20: Arthropoda: Crustacea
1. Describe the typical crustacean body plan.
two pairs of antennae.
Head: 1 pair of mandibles, 2 pairs of maxillae.
1 pair of appendages on each of the additional segments; some segments may
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 26: Transition to Land
1. List five features tetrapods inherited from fish.
2. Describe the transition to land as suggested by the early tetrapod fossils.
What structural changes were important? Which structural change
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 28: Snakes &Birds
1. What common skeletal features have snakes lost?
Limbs and limb girdles
2. Compare and contrast the snake skull with a typical mammal skull.
Kinetic (more moving parts)
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 25: Fishes
1. What is the most diverse and specious group of vertebrates?
Fish: about 28,000 species (more than all other vertebrates combined)
2. Ostracoderms were fossil agnathans; name two modern agnathans.
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 27: Frogs & Amniotes
1. Describe the life cycle of a typical frog, and then describe some variations
in reproductive mode.
Frogs and toads=ectothermic; they breed/feed/grow during warm seasons
In the spring, males call
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 24: Origin of Vertebrates
1. List the features characterizing the Subphylum Vertebrata.
5 chordate characteristics
outer epidermis derived from the ectoderm
innerdermis of connective tissue derived fro m