Teaching Project Evaluation
We did our teaching project on medication compliance. The group started out with
everyone sitting in a circle introducing themselves and give thoughts on the meaning of
medication compliance. We started out d
Mental Health Clubhouses
A Clubhouse is a local facility that offers those with mental illness a place to go
get help and support (Mental Health Clubhouses Restoring a Sense of Self [MHCRSS,
2012) . It is a community that work together giving i
How do we know what is moral?
Relativism- two contrary ideas are both correct, two contradicting ideas can be right at the same
time, relativism is illogical, absolutely false
Absolutism- truth exists and is "encountered, not created", opposi
Med and Morality 2.18.15
Confidentiality- obligation not to pass along to anyone info about another without their
permission, not gossiping, not passing on rumors
Privacy- right to be left alone and free from unwarranted publicity
patient bills of rights-
Sources- revelation( theology) and reason( philosophical)
- most ethical system will use both sources
- if you all use is revelation- you can only assert the source, superstitition,
extreme position, if it's not in the bible it's not truth
- if yo
Med and morality 2.9.15
Paper due: feb 27th
Ex: Chicago styles
Sarah Hess( author name), Dogs like Trucks, (publication info) page
if its the same author then put author last name, and page Hess, 24.
Hess, Sarah.Dogs and Trucks.Litt
Review questions for lecture 20: Arthropoda: Crustacea
1. Describe the typical crustacean body plan.
two pairs of antennae.
Head: 1 pair of mandibles, 2 pairs of maxillae.
1 pair of appendages on each of the additional segments; some segments may
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 26: Transition to Land
1. List five features tetrapods inherited from fish.
2. Describe the transition to land as suggested by the early tetrapod fossils.
What structural changes were important? Which structural change
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 28: Snakes &Birds
1. What common skeletal features have snakes lost?
Limbs and limb girdles
2. Compare and contrast the snake skull with a typical mammal skull.
Kinetic (more moving parts)
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 25: Fishes
1. What is the most diverse and specious group of vertebrates?
Fish: about 28,000 species (more than all other vertebrates combined)
2. Ostracoderms were fossil agnathans; name two modern agnathans.
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 27: Frogs & Amniotes
1. Describe the life cycle of a typical frog, and then describe some variations
in reproductive mode.
Frogs and toads=ectothermic; they breed/feed/grow during warm seasons
In the spring, males call
Review questions for Zoology Lecture 24: Origin of Vertebrates
1. List the features characterizing the Subphylum Vertebrata.
5 chordate characteristics
outer epidermis derived from the ectoderm
innerdermis of connective tissue derived fro m
Lab 6 Report
1. The purpose of using the cell lysis solution was to allow the DNA to be freed.
2. DNA becomes visible once the alcohol is added because DNA is much less soluble in alcohol.
When the alcohol is added, the DNA will advance into the Gatorade,
Genetics Lab Group Report
1. The values missing from the table are as follows:
1A = 3.00
1B = 30.00
1C = .92
1D = .87
1E = .31
We could not find the values for 1F and 1G because the total amount of students in the given data
adds up to 51, when there are
Lab 8 Report - The Nervous System
Inside of the forearm
Back of the neck
Palm of the hand
Tip of the index finger
Distance To Feel 2 Points (cm)
The differences in density do make sense to me. A further distance is need
Lab 2 - Microscopy
Purpose: To learn how to accurately use a microscope and observe different organisms.
1. The magnification of the eyepiece lens on the microscope I used was 10x.
2. The magnifications of the four objective lenses are as follows: 4x, 10x
a. Enzymes belong to the biomolecule class of proteins.
b. Enzymes are so important to organisms because they start and accelerate chemical
c. The substrate of the reaction catalyzed by catalase is hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
Chapter 1 - Scientific Thinking
Science - is not simply a body of knowledge or a list of facts to be remembered. It is an
intellectual activity, encompassing observation, description, experimentation, and explanation of
Biology - the st