March 9, 2016
Natural Selection is traits inherited for survival. It is changing features in accordance to
environmental changes, which allow an individual to survive. Overtime, indivi
Chapter 17 Processes of Evolution Notes
a. What are they
b. What caused this issue
i. Neutral vs Lethal
b. Gene pool
c. Allele frequency
3. Genetic Equilibrium
a. Hardy Weinberg
i. Principles of
1. AIDS is caused by a retrovirus.
2. HIV has been shown to evolve into SIV, which infects chimpanzees
3. Viruses are smaller than any type of cell.
4. Bacteriophages are bacteria that attack viruses.
5. In the lytic pathway, viral DNA injected i
Evolution Project: Arthropods
March 30, 2016
The phylum Arthropoda is the largest and most varied in the animal kingdom. Arthropods
are known for their incredibly diverse group of organisms,
and include over one mil
Bio 136 Human Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
Biopac :The Pulse pressure ,Heart sounds and Blood pressure
The pulse is due to the expansion and recoil of an artery that occurs with each contraction. Pulse rate typically is the
same as HR.
CV Physiology The ECG
Introduction: The conduction system of the heart is intrinsic, meaning the heart does not depend on the
nervous system to initiate contraction. While the nervous system can modify the activity of the heart,
the depolarization origina
1. Access PhysioEx.
In Mastering A&P, you can click on the menu on the left of the Study Area and then
click on Chapter 17: Blood Analysis
2. Download and open the instruction worksheets from the PhysioEx page
3. READ THE BACKGROUND MATERIAL.