Personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures. This quote was said by F. Scott
Fitzgerald, and it mimics the notion that your personalitywho you aresets the first
impression you have on someone. When a person meets a
Chapter 7 Response
NOTE: You have only two prompts to work with for this chapter because the first one requires
two responses, each of which requires solid development.
1. Watch the two videos in the documents folder from The Big
Test Review 2
1. What is self-concept and what are four sources of information for its
2. What is self-awareness? What are the four sections of the Johari
Window and how do they relate to self-awareness?
3. What is self-esteem? What a
1. Provide a short summary (in your own words) of three of the five following ideas from
the chapter. Remember the difference between a definition and a summary.
Interpersonal communication is a package of signal as there is alw
Ashley McMurtrie 09/6/2016
Chapter 3 Response
Provide a summary (in your own words) of
the books discussion of two of the following concepts:
a. Sources of our self-concept
b. Self-awareness including the four panes of the Johari window.
The Johari win
1. What is the definition for interpersonal communication? What are the
six implied characteristics?
2. What are the elements of the process of interpersonal communication
(be able to explain each including specif
Chapter 4 Response
1. Provide a clear and concise summary (in your own words) of two of the listening styles.
One listening style is empathic listening. This is where you put yourself in the person telling
the storys shoes. You fe
Response Chapter 6
1. Watch the three videos (listed below) that are in the media folder for Week 7. Explain and
connect the ideas in those videos to material in the chapter. Each part requires a solid
paragraph to meet the expectations for explanation. B
Chapter 2 Response
You are to respond to all three of the following prompts. Remember that your responses are to
convey your understanding of the material from the chapter. They are also to be more than a
simple definition. Be s
1. Provide a short summary (in your own words) of two of the following ideas from the
Speaker Cues, Listener Cues, and Backchanneling Cues
Feedforward and feedback
Small talk is so