James Study Guide Questions 86- 130
Taming the tongue
Responsibility of teachers
86. What group of individuals is James initially concerned about when he warns against an
improper use of the tongue in ch 3?
Teachers; all Christians should take advantage o
1 Peter Study Questions 175-195
175. Be familiar with the fact that Peter variously describes the Christians living
hope as the inheritance(1.4) the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the
last time(1.4) and the grace to be given you when Jesus is r
1 Peter Study Questions 196-224
196. In 1 Peter 2.4-10 the writer uses a number of images or metaphors to refer to
Gods people. What are these images?
Christ is the living stone, the cornerstone, and the capstone fo the spiritual house into
James Study Guide Questions 1-16
1. Functions letters served in the ancient world and in the life of the early church
Primary means of staying in touch with associates. Letters served as surrogates for the personal
presence of a writer with his friends, a
James Study Guide Questions 17-33
17. How did James identify his readers
12 tribes scattered among the nations; diaspora
18. What evidence is there that suggests that original readers were Jewish Christians?
Terminology suggests jewish backgrou
James Study Guide Questions 34-56
Receiving Wisdom from God
34. What does wisdom mean in the context of james
Ability to see things as God sees them, which is difficult for finite humans; the wisdom to
recognize the positive benefits of spiritual trials
James Study Guide Question 57-85
Doing the word, not merely listening
57. What point does James make with the illustration of the man looking into the mirror
How one should correctly listen to the word; looks at himself hastily and forgets what
James Study Question 131-145
131. What should a Christian who is in trouble do(5.13)?
he should pray; lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one, and to be faithful
132. What should a Christian who is happy do(5.13)?
We should recognize
1 Peter-Part Study Questions 146-174
146. What was the purpose for Peter writing his original readers and how does
this make the letter relevant to Christian readers today?
To answer questions: How do Christians live in a culture that is hostile to our va