What is a galaxy?
What is our galaxy called?
What are the four inner planets?
How are planets different from
What are two planets without
What are tides?
What is a rotation?
How long does one of Earths
What does Earths rotati
What are the two main
branches of geography? What
does each focus on?
Physical-non man made
characteristics of people
The industrial area in the
northeastern and Midwestern
part of the U.S. where many
old factories have shut down i
What are gulfs and seas?
Areas of saltwater that are
connected to larger oceans
What is a lake?
Inland Bodies of water
What is the worlds largest lake?
The Caspian Sea
What does a distance scale do?
It helps determine real distances
between points on a ma
Preliminaries: Chapter 1
Formation and Structure:
The Big Bang Theory
Atom getting so compacted, the pressure makes the atom explode
The Earths Structure: Layers
Ozone Layer: Protects Earth from UV rays!
1. What are the major sects of Buddhism in East Asia?
Mahayanan and Vajrayanan( Tibet & Nepal)
2. What development strategy was pursued by the NICS and what are its advantages?
Exportation and factor abundance
3. How did
The Americas: Chapter 2
U.S. is more powerful than everyone else combined
Period of Hegemony 1898-1959
Economics and Diversity
Ethnic Group: the Melting Pot
Language: English, Spanish, French,
Religion: Christian, J
Class Notes on Europe
1. What are the major ethnic groupings of Europe and where are they located?
-Germanic: Northern Part of Europe
-Romance: Western Part of Europe
-Slavic: Eastern Part of Europe
2. What was the significance of the Ren
Class Notes on Russia
1. What are the main ethnic groups of Central Asia?
Persians, Afghans, Turkomen, Asians
2. How did Russias lack of modernization contribute to the Bolshevik Revolution?
-Lack of capitalism: Meant no development of su
April 16, 2013
Poland is located in the central Europe south of the Baltic Sea with both the Oder and
Vistula rivers flowing through the country. When traveling to the remarkable country, Poland,
1. What are the main ethnic groups on the Indian Subcontinent?
Indian, Aryan, Asiatic, Austro-Asian
2. What are the main languages in Southeast Asia?
3. What are the main ethnic groups in South east Asia?