Chapter 4 Study Questions
May 15, 2014
1) The definition of total fertility rate is the average number of children expected to be born to a woman
throughout her child-bearing years. Every country has a different fertility rate. Developed, m
June 12, 2014
The Rising Sea Reflection
The rising sea is a major problem. It is destroying coastlines, houses, historical buildings,
mangroves, coral reefs, coastal marshes, etc. A specific quote from the book says, The proble
After reading the beginning part of the selection, I believe that these marshes do not stand a chance.
With the incoming and outgoing of the tide, this alters the how the marsh looks, feels and the
consistency of the
Chapter 16 and 20
June 11, 2014
1) Some types of government incentives that may encourage the use of alternative energy
sources is some of these resources are renewable, which consist of solar; freshwater; wind;
Chapter 15 and 17
June 2, 2014
1) It has been estimated that the peak in world crude oil production, about 40 million bbl/yr, will occur
between the years 2020 and 2050. The production of 40 billion bbl/yr is about a 30% increase
Carbon and Ecological Footprint Assignment
For the carbon emission survey, I filled out only my input of carbon into the environment.
My calculations were based on the lifestyle, within our household we try to recycle as much as
Low lying areas
where there are
The area that I studied for the storm drain project was a house right by my beach house.
The long strip of where the drains are located is a complex full of condos. Starting from the
left, at the
Cape May Point State Park
There are many aspects of history that develop the building blocks of the Cape May State Park. A lighthouse, which
consists of 199 steps, stands tall on the grounds of Cape May Point. The bricks that were used to b
1) Water may be one of our most abundant resources, but we are facing many problems with it
today. We developed a hypothesis that we are facing a growing water shortage linked to our
food supply. Water shortages a
1) Introduced species often become pests because they can cause harm to the location that they are
being placed in. When one population of species migrates into a habitat that is already occupied by
Use this sheet to calculate your current score.
Enter in your scores in the ORANGE column.
*Note: Enter in your numerical scores from D2L, not your % scores.
Energy and carbon emissions