Chapter 1 Review Questions
1. Computer Literacy skill in using productivity software, such as word processors,
spreadsheets, database management, and presentation software, as well as having basic
knowledge of hardware and software the interne
Case Study 4
1. What surprised you most about this case?
What surprises me most about this case study is the amazing turn around that Continental
Airlines achieved by investing in BI. I the article it spoke about how in the 1990s Conti
Chapter 8: E-Commerce
1. E-business includes transactions that generate demand for goods and services.
2. E-business builds on traditional commerce.
3. Outbound logistics includes tasks associated with receiving, storing, and converting raw mat
Case Study 1
The article 5 Business-Boosting Reasons to Encrypt Your Email gives plenty
of good reasons for why you should encrypt your data when using e-mail with in a
professional organization. These reason I will explain in
Case Study #2
Obamas Use of Data Mining
All three articles that we were asked to summarize speak in depth about how
President Obama managed to win the election by using data mining. The Obama
camp, also aimed to use database engines t
Case Study 3
1. What is Harrahs business strategy? What are some trade-offs?
Harrahs business strategy focused knowing their customers well, giving them exceptional
service, and rewarding their loyalty so that they seek out a Harrahs c
The Security Requirements
3 Key Security Objectives
Confidentiality: assures that private information is not
disclosed to unauthorized individuals
Privacy: assures that individuals control information
related to them
Chapter 5 Review Questions
2. Two examples of fraud are denial of services attacks and identity theft.
3. The three types of hackers are script kiddies, black hats, and white hats. Black hats are the
most dangerous because they hack for malici
Chapter 2 Review Questions
3. RAM (random access memory) is volatile; it does not run without electricity.
4. Google Drive is used to store documents, photos, music, and video in on place. It syncs with
your mobile devices and your computer so
Chapter 6 Review Questions
1. Data communications system- is the electronic transfer of data from one location to another
2. Two examples of radiated media are satellites and broadcast radio.
3. Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, and Met
Chapter 3 Review Questions
3. The physical view involves how data is stored on and retrieved from storage media such as a
hard disk, Where as a logical view involves how the information appears to the users and how it
can be organized and retr