Analyze these small cases
Starting with a context diagram, draw as many nested DFDs as you consider
necessary to represent all of the details of the patient flow management system
described in the following narrative. You must draw at least a context diag
27) A check of $300,000, deposited by a company, was returned to the bank for nonsufficient funds. 27)
How would this information be included on the bank reconciliation?
A) an addition on the book side B) a deduction on the bank side
C) an addition on the
63) Beige Corporation pays $500,000 to acquire 40% of the equity securities of Olive Technologies Inc. 63)
on May 5, 2015. This investment will be classified as a(n) .
A) available—for—sale B) held—to—maturity
C) trading investment D) significant interest
critical path? Draw both Gantt chart and Network diagram for these tasks, and make
sure you highlight the critical path on your Network diagram.
37) The Allowance for Bad Debts account has a credit balance of $2,000. The company's management
estimates that 2% of net credit sales will be uncollectible for the year 2015. Net credit sales for the
year amounted to $250,000. What will be the amount of
Team Communication Methods and
18. Describe the activities performed by the project manager during project
The activities performed by the project manager during project closedown are: (1)
closing down the project, (2) co
52) The cost of an asset is $1,000,000 and its residual value is $100,000. Estimated useful life of the asset
is four years. Calculate depreciation for the first year using the double—declining—balance method
A) $500,000 B) $225,000
Recurring Benefits: reduced administrative costs, etc.
Now the analysis
1. Describe systems analysis and the major activities that occur during this
phase of the systems development life cycle.
During systems analysis, you determine how the current inform
idiosyncratic to the initial user, where issues of data sharing and integration with
other systems are ignored, and where SDLC checks are bypassed.
11. When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should you
look for when trying to identif
NOTE: The most common error in drawing 3D structures of hydrocarbons such as butane is to draw all of
the carbon atoms in a straight line. This is incorrect because it does not accurately represent the tetrahedral
geometry of the 4 bonds around the two ca
Question 6: Pepper contains an organic compound called phellandrene. Its molecular structure is
shown below as a carbon skeleton drawing.
(a) Draw the 2D structure of phellandrene showing all the atoms in the molecule.
Question 11: There is a very good website called 3dchem that shows the structures of many
interesting molecules. You can access the site at
One of the links at the top of the page takes you to a list of the 50 top selling pharmaceuticals. Y
8.3 A solar pond consists of a thin layer of fresh water ﬂoating on top of a denser
layer of salt water. When the salty layer absorbs sunlight it warms up and
much of that heat is held there by the insulating effect of the fresh water above
it [without th
4. From T-s diagram and isothermal processes,
Since stages 1-2 and 3-4 are isentropic,
Conversion efficiency is
for max efficiency of a Carnot
5. As in class, write reactions for fuels as:
mandatory, essential, and desirable requirements in the areas of need (e.g.,
functionality, hardware, software, and service).
10. Review the criteria for selecting off-the-shelf software presented in this
chapter. Use your experience and imagination and d
36. What elements of a data flow diagram should be analyzed as part of data
Data stores, data flows, and even processes all provide information for data
modeling. A data store often represents one or more data entities and their
Both sub-paths (through C & E, and through D & F) have identical total duration,
and thus both satisfy the critical path criterion.
This PERT Chart shows that there a
3. An organization has been entrusted with developing a Registration and Title
system that maintains information about all vehicles registered in a particular
state. For each vehicle that is registered with the office, the system has to
store the name, ad
34. (4 points) Mr. Wilson has one form of acute leukemia. His condition is known to be due to the mutation in MLA gene.
Acute leukemia only develops when both copies of MLA are mutated (i.e. mla mutation is recessive). But when you
cloned the M
69) Group Case Question: What is the balance sheet equation?
A) Revenue - Expenses + Contributed Capital = Stockholder’s Equity
B) Assets = Liabilities + Stockholders Equity
C) Revenue — Expenses = Net income
D) Assets — Liabilities = Contributed Capital
Think about small cases
A car is a system with several subsystems, including the braking subsystem, the
electrical subsystem, the engine, the fuel subsystem, the climate-control
subsystem, and the passenger subsystem. Draw a diagram of a car as a s
software, (4) application service providers and managed service providers, (5) opensource software, and (6) in-house development. IT services firms help companies
develop custom information systems for internal use; they develop, host, and run
2. Initial users that participate in the prototyping process may have heavier
influence on the resulting system. This could be mitigated by rotating the early
prototype responses among various users to ensure a more comprehensive set
Choose the BEST answer. Some multiple choice questions may have 1 ~ 5 correct answers (indicated in
the questions). You should CIRCLE all correct answer(s) to be scored (no partial score); (3 pts ea.)
12. Catabolic pathways that break down comp
(5) developing a communication plan;
(6) determining project standards and procedures;
(7) identifying and assessing risk;
(8) creating a preliminary budget;
(9) developing a Project Scope Statement; and
(10) setting a Baseline Project Plan.
a level-0 diagram can be decomposed, if necessary. Each resulting diagram is
called a level-1. Should processes in a level-1 diagram be decomposed, each
resulting diagram would be called a level-2 diagram. Each of these processes
would be decomposed on a
Name _ Number_
Exam 3 (100 points)
Recitation (CIRCLE BELOW ONE TA and ONE TIME): 11/20/14
(55 minutes allowed)
Sikandar (A,B) Stephanie (C,D) Eric (E,F) Nadine (G,H) Bryce (I,J)
VIII. Below is a partially completed valence MO energy diagram for
1.What is information systems analysis and design?
2.What is systems thinking? How is it useful for thinking about computer-based
3.What is decomposition? Coupling? Cohesion?
4.In what way are organizations systems?
5.List and explain