Exam #2 True/False Review Questions
1. If A is n n and linear system Ax = 0 has two degrees of freedom then A is
2. A nonsingular matrix has linearly independent rows.
3. If A is singular then its RREF is the identity matrix.
4. The technique we
Review Problems for Final in Linear Algebra Fall 2009 Solutions
1. Let u = [1 2 3 0] and v = [ 2 1 0 1] .
(a) Find a nonzero vector w that is orthogonal to both u and v.
Set up a homogeneous linear system using a coefficient matrix with rows u and v. Find
Linear Algebra Fall 2009 Exam 2
VERSION #1 PART 1 Dr. Hill (PRINT your Na ) (Row #)
@I'RUE or FALSE: PRINT the appropriate response on the line provided.
[ 2E 1. For any n x n matrix A, det(ATA) = det(AAT)
I RUE 2. If det(W) = 15, then the rows of W ar
Solutions to Review Problems for Exam 2
1. Compute the determinant of each of the following and state whether the matrix is singular or
2 1 3 2
1 4 0
1 1 1 1
det(B) = 49 so B is
(a) A = 2 1 3 det(A) = 0 so A is singular. (b