Chapter: Chapter 10a: Southeast Asia: Defining the Realm
1. Which of the following is incorrect?
A) Indonesia is this realms giant country.
B) The Mekong River crosses 5 Southeast Asian countries.
C) Southeast Asia contains 5 countries.
Chapter: Chapter 10b: Southeast Asia: Regions of the Realm
1. A former Portuguese colony that is the newest state in Southeast Asia is:
D) Papua New Guinea
E) East Timor
H1 Section Ref: Insular Southe
Chapter: Chapter 08a: South Asia: Defining the Realm
1. Of Indias more than 1 billion population, about _ million are Muslims.
H1 Section Ref: The Geographic Panorama
2. The country l
Chapter: Chapter 08b: South Asia: Regions of the Realm
1. The approximate percentage of Indias population that lives in urban areas is:
H1 Section Ref: India: Giant of the Realm
Chapter: Chapter 09a: East Asia: Defining the Realm
1. In comparing climates of the USA with those in China, , which of the following is
A) Japan has both C as well as A climates.
B) The USA has a larger area of C climates than
Chapter: Chapter 09b: East Asia: Regions of the Realm
1. Two former colonial entities that were reunited with China during the late 1990s are:
A) Vietnam and Tibet
B) Macau and Shenzhen
C) Hong Kong and Shenzhen
D) Hong Kong and Guangdong
Chapter 07a: North Africa/Southwest Asia: Defining the Realm
1. Which of the following is not included in the North Africa/Southwest Asia realm?
H1 Section Ref: Naming this Pivotal
Chapter 07b: North Africa/Southwest Asia: Regions of the Realm
1. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
A) The overwhelming majority of Egypts people live within 20 kilometers (12 mi) of the Nile.
B) The Blue Nile originates in E
Chapter 06a: Subsaharan Africa: Defining the Realm
1. Which of the following associations is incorrect?
A) Niger River-Mali
B) Congo River-The Congo
C) Zambezi River-Zambia
D) Nile River-Sudan
E) Orange River-Nigeria
H1 H1 Section R
Chapter 06b: Subsaharan Africa: Regions of the Realm
1. Which of the following countries is not located in Southern Africa?
H1 Section Ref: Southern Africa
Chapter 05a: South America: Defining the Realm
1. Which of the following countries does not contain a portion of the Amazon Basin?
H1 Section Ref: Physiography
Chapter 05b: South America: Regions of the Realm
1. Bogot, Colombias capital city, is located:
A) on the arid Pacific coast
B) on the Caribbean Sea at the outlet of the Magdalena River
C) in an Andean basin
D) at the intersection of three
Chapter 04a: Middle America: Defining the Realm
1. A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land bodies is known as a(n):
H1 Section Ref: Physical Geography
Chapter 04b: Middle America: Regions of the Realm
1. Which of the following countries is currently most affected by the drug trade?
C) . Guatemala
H1 Section Ref: Mexico
Chapter 03a: North America: Defining the Realm
1. The physiographic region called the Canadian Shield:
A) is the geologic core of North America
B) is an intermontane zone
C) consists of extensive mountainous terrain
D) is bordered on the w
Chapter 03b: North America: Regions of the Realm
1. The two leading language groups in Canada are:
A) English and Spanish
B) English and French
C) English and Canadian
D) Canadian and French
E) French and Spanish
H 1 Section Ref: Re
Chapter 02a: Russia: Defining the Realm
1. Which of the following states in not officially part of this realm?
Section Ref.: Defining the realm
2.Most of th
Chapter 02b: Russia: Regions of the Realm
1. The Soviet Union consisted of _ Soviet Socialist Republics.
H1 Section Ref: The Soviet Legacy
2. The former Soviet Union dissolved in _ .
Chapter 01a: Europe: Defining the Realm
1. Europes relative location is _:
A) inefficient for international trade
B) one of inferior global accessibility
C) disadvantaged by its proximity to the sea
D) one of centrality within the land hem
Chapter 01b: Europe: Regions of the Realm
1. _ dominates the Mainland Core demographically and economically.
C) the United Kingdom
E) the United States
H1 Section Reference: The Mainland Core
Department of Geography and Urban Studies, Temple University Fall 2009 Instructor: Dr. Susan Lucas Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 340 Gladfelter Hall Course Description This course provides an intro
Black Males in the City - Policy Presentation Assessment Rubric (100 possible points)
You are responsible for presenting your policy paper to the class. Your presentation should proceed as if you were a task force sharing your policy findings with a group
Indicator Policy Group Guidelines Black Males in the City
Below you will find points to guide your group toward completing the black males policy paper and presentation. Additional guidelines for the paper and presentation are available as separate docume
Black Males in the City Urban Affairs 1177.002 Course Syllabus
Temple University - Geography and Urban Studies Spring 2010
Instructor: Decoteau J. Irby, Ph.D. Email: email@example.com Office Location: Ritter Annex 421 Office Hours: Thursdays, 4:00 p.m.