ANATOMY EXAM 4Respiratory System - What is it?
- Ventilation, gas exchange, and O2 utilization
- To bring O2 into contact with blood, what are the physical/structural requirements
of the respiratory membrane?
o Differentially permeable, membrane for filte
ANATOMY EXAM 2Integumentary System- organs working togetherSKIN
Tissue- group of cells that have a certain function
Organ- group of tissues with a certain function
System- group of organs
Skin- # 1 organ in the integumentary system
ANATOMY EXAM 3Nervous SystemPart 1- an introduction
- Cell Types- Neurons and Glia
- Nerve Structure
- Synapses and action potentials
Why should we care about the nervous system? What are its functions?
- Collect information
o Sensory input
Anatomy Exam 1-_
- Bones of the skull provide protection for the brain
- Thin air sacs of the lungs permit movement of oxygen
STRUCTURAL ORGANIZATION OF THE BODY
Atoms molecules cells tissues organs systems organism