Soccer Research Paper
October 1, 2013
The game of soccer, otherwise known as football, is one of the most, if not the most,
popular sport in the world. The sport itself has gone through many changes over the course of its
history and has end
December 3, 2013
Volleyball first originated in the United States and is known throughout the world
as the most popular sport behind soccer. Today there are over 46 million players in the
United States, and over 800 million
Pentateuch Exam Study Guide
From Chapters 1-9 of the Textbook:
1. How many books are in the Old Testament (22)?
2. At which council was the Old Testament canon confirmed (23)?
The Council of Jamnia (A.D. 90)
3. Which book is not classified in the Forme
Classical Sermon Engagement #1
Sermon #1: Christ Seeking Sinners
By D.L. Moody
A. Intro: Christ came for a purpose
a. Luke 19:10
B. God sent Jesus to do His fathers will
a. This was to seek and save the lost
b. Story of the blind beggar
PRE 213 FOUNDATIONS OF BIBLICAL PREACHING
UVF FALL 2015
3 CREDIT HOURS
Mark MacLean is a graduate of UVF. He has also earned a Master of Divinity from Princeton
Theological Seminary, a Master of Arts in Liberal Arts at St. Johns College
Chapter 5: The Process of Explanation
1. What are the critical questions that preachers must answer in order to convert mere
lectures to sermons?
The questions are, what does a text mean?, how do I know what the text means?, what
Chapter 4: Components of Exposition
1. What three elements of exposition consistently appear in examples of Old and New
Testament preaching? What does the consistency of these elements say about the
nature of exposition?
The three elem
Chapter 3: The Priority of the Text
1. What are the benefits and the liabilities of selecting texts for preaching that address
personal and/or congregational concerns?
The benefits are that it causes preachers to see scripture as a who
Chapter 2: Obligations of the Sermon
1. How many things is a sermon about?
A sermon is usually about one thing and contain illustrates, theological concepts and
2. What is the Fallen Condition Focus (FCF) of a ser
September 12, 2015
Chapter 1: Word & Witness
1. Why are expository preachers committed to making the meaning of the passage the
message of the sermon?
Expository preachers are committed to making the meaning of the passage the serm