Chapter 5: Imperialism and Its Victims
Imperialism: process of extending a nations authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment
of political and economic hegemony over other nations.
- Evident that throughout the world, many people suffere
- Energy crisis and global responses
- first major oil crisis was in 1973
- OPECs embargoes
- Formation of the International Energy Angency (IEA)
- Effect of Iranian Revolution (1979)
- Iran-Iraq War (1980s)
- The Iraqi Invasion of Kuwait (1990)
Video- UK & Netherlands were better of
Colonization- India 1947
Chapter 11- Human Issues: Demographic Trends
- population growth and decline
- Growing at an alarming rate
- Population increases is
Correct. You answered: a. Comparative advantage.
Which term describes the ability of one entity to produce a good at a lower cost?
The correct answer was: a. Comparative advantage.
o Means of preventing foreign goods from competing with domestic goods
o Taxes importers must pay before there goods can enter a country
Non-Tariff Barriers to Trade
o Eliminating foreign goods competitiveness with domestic