2. His boss was being firm. Robert was self-centered. Roberts reaction was not very good; he
shouldnt be shifting the blame from himself. Both were being very defensive.
KEY TERMS AND CONCEPTS
Bottom-up education and training You work from the bottom up.
Educating and training your customers first and then working up.
Continual process improvement - Products are developed and services
delivered by people using processes w
Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
1. ISO 9000 and total quality are interchangeable.
2. ISO 9000 is compatible with, and can be a subset of total quality.
3. ISO 9000 is never implemented in a non-total quality e
The Bama Companies, Inc.52
The Bama Companies, Inc., is a privately held corporation that began in the Texas kitchen of Cornillia
Alabama (Bama) Marshall in 1927 and has grown into a leading developer and manufacturer of frozen,
ready-to-use food products
1. What is ISO 9000?
a. ISO 9000 is an internationally recognized quality management system developed by
International Organization for Standardization. It is a standard in which to conduct
business. A set of rules which should be followed in order to mee
FACTUAL REVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Explain the contemporary concepts of customer and supplier.
a. Contemporary concepts of customer and supplier are extended
relationship between buyers and sellers based on confidence,
credibility, and mutual benefit. The buyer,
Name: Melina Labianca
Chapter 1 and 2 Test
Worth 40 points
TRUE/FALSE: Place T or F in the space provided to the left of the statement. (1 pt. ea.)
1. Quality deals not only with products and services but also includes people, processes,
What is politicking and how is it related to a person's locus of
o Politicking is the use of power and information to move resources
toward preferred objectives; advocating for your interests in a
way that meets you and your company's objectives
Factual Review Questions Chapter 14
1. List six statements that summarize the comparative scope of ISO 9000 and TQM.
a. ISO 9000 and TQM are not interchangeable
b. ISO 9000 is compatible with, and can be viewed as a subset of, TQM
c. ISO 9000 is frequentl
Discussion Assignment 14-1
1. Cost reduction - when applied consistently over time, TQM can reduce costs throughout an
organization. Since these cost reductions flow straight through to bottom-line profits without
any additional costs being incurred. Ther
1. There has been no change in the process so maybe there needs to be a change.
2. Give other suggestions. Show him maybe it is something else.
3. Talk to employees and parts manufactures to figure out the defects.
7 basic quality tools
Flowchart most commonly seen of basic tools. Mapping out the process and showing the flow through
Check sheet - template for collection and organizing your data
Used to make a Pareto diagram and histogram.
Used to form a
1. Define the term quality.
a. The standard of something as measured against other things of a
similar kind; the degree of excellence of something.
2. What is total quality?
a. A description of the culture, attitude and organization of a
Nu Visions decided to get its ISO 9000 certification to provide a competitive advantage in both domestic
and global markets. They choose ISO 9002 and now had the 19 elements that deal with manufacturing.
Nu Visions had two significant advantages,
Working in a negative environment can be bad for everyone, it leads to lower retention rates,
decreased productivity, and everyone is generally miserable. What I learned about overcoming office
negativity is that there are specific things you can do to wo
1. Moon roof, fully loaded, remote start, mp3 hook up, Wi-Fi, back up camera, gps, power windows
and locks, four wheel drive, back and side air bags.
2. You can now pick from an array of colors and order specialized and custom