Assignment Chapter Four and Five
Due date: April 11, 2016
Chapter Four (Database Design using Normalization)
1. Show SQL statements to count the number of rows and to list the top 15 rows of the
TOP 15 *
Assignment Chapter Two
Due date: March 21, 2016
What is a business intelligence (BI) system?
A business intelligence (BI) system, is a system used to support management decisions by
producing information for assessment, analysis, planning and control.
Assignment Chapter Eight
Due date: May 2, 2016
1. Describe why database redesign is necessary.
Database design involves taking a set of requirements and creating from scratch a database
design. Database redesign involves taking an existing database and ma
Assignment Chapter Seven
What does DDL stand for? List the SQL DDL statements.
DDL stands for Data Definition Language. DDL statements include:
What does DML stand for? List the SQL DML statements.
DML stands f
Assignment Chapter Third
Due date: March 28, 2016
1. Name three sources for databases.
From existing data; from the development of new information systems; and from the
redesign of existing databases.
2. Describe the characteristics of a table that make i
Assignment Chapter Six
Due date: April 18, 2016
1. Identify the three major tasks for transforming a data model into a database design.
Replacing entities and attributes with tables and columns.
Representing relationships and maximum cardinalities by use