1. Define the following terms:
a. Anatomy: the study of the body parts + systems
b. Physiology: the study of how the systems work
2. List and briefly describe the 6 levels of organization (from simple to
complex). (Label Figure 1.4)
Overview of System
1. How is the nervous system similar and dissimilar to a computer?
-both process information
-nervous system is much more complex
2. What two anatomical subdivisions does the nervous system have?
-central nervous system
1. What are 2 ways that joints can be classified?
2. List and briefly describe 3 sub classifications of joints based on their function.
Final exam (VERSION 1)
17 Dec. 2013
Select the BEST answer or phrase for the following questions. This exam has 44 questions. READ the questions
and possible answers carefully. READ ALL CHOICES BEFORE SELECTING THE "BEST" ONE.
1. The invasi
DNA is the genetic material
We reviewed the classic experiments of:
Avery/McLeod/McCarty with bacterial
Hershey-Chase with T2 bacteriophage
Observations of nuclei and chromosomes
How do Genes Build and Run an Ent
The study of biologically inherited characteristics
Study of heredity
Units of heredity are genes
Transmitted from parents to offspring
Genes are encoded in DNA - the molecule of heredity
Goals of the Course:
Physiology Exam 4 Notes: Photosynthesis: Plants (6CO2+6H20 Sunlight) CO2: Inorganic -Adult GI tract = 15 ft long (b/c living & contracted) -Contents of GI Tract are external to the body -Billions of Bacteria- we wouldn't survive if it was internal -
Chapter 21 Material to Know Recap Questions
1. List the 4 chambers of the heart.
-left and right atrium
-left and right ventricles
2. How many circuits does the heart pump blood into and what are they called? Label Figure