Exam 2: Drama of Scripture ACT 4: THE COMING OF THE KING: REDEMPTION ACCOMPLISHED -Old Testament = Gods moving among the people of Israel to make progress toward the goal, of his first acts of redemption ad restoration, and of his repeated promises that o
RLS 125 Exam 1 INTRODUCTION TO THE BIBLE: -60 Books, 30 Authors Languages: -Hebrew (Old Testament) - Word of God -Greek (New Testament) -Acromic (1) OLD TESTAMENT: THE PENTATEUCH: -Genesis -Exodus -Leviticus -Numbers THE HISTORICAL BOOKS: -Joshua -Judges
1. How is the Creation Story in Genesis best understood as an argument against
the various creation myths in ancient pagan Near Eastern cultures? The creation story in Genesis
is best understood as an argument against the various creatio
Act 3The King Chooses Israel: Redemption Initiated - Covenants-a-b
1. What is a Covenant in the Bible? See discussion in Drama.
A covenant in the bible refers to how God has chosen to communicate with us, guarantee us
eternal life and to
23 October 2016
Act 4 - Jesus - a, b - Questions for Study and Discussion
1. Read the Bible text assigned. (especially Matthew 5,6,7) Why might this "Sermon on the
Mount" (Matthew chapters 5-7) of Jesus be called a
Act 4 - Jesus - The meaning of his death, resurrection, ascension
1. A major theme in all the Gospels is the growing opposition between Jesus and
Jewish religious leaders, especially the Pharisees. Why were they deeply offended by Jesus?
Why do they denou
6 October 2016
Act 3The Prophets
1. What is the significance of the voices of the prophets during Judahs decline and during
the Babylonian captivity?
Note the key prophecy themes:
The significance of the prophets dur
RLS Biblical Thoughts
17 October 2016
Act 5 - The Church - Mission and Purpose
1. Based on your reading in Acts and Paul's first letters.If you were part of a leadership
team of a new church forming in your city, what do you th
1. What is the story of 'the fall' in Genesis 3 meant to explain?
The story of the fall in Genesis 3 is trying to explain is that sin has broken the relationship man
has with God and it has impacted negatively in a way that it h
1. What would you say is the central theme of the Creation Story of Genesis ch.
1 and 2? The central theme of the creation story of Genesis is moral and spiritual revelation.
After the sixth day of creating, God stopped on the seventh da
September 22, 2016
1. What is a Covenant in the Bible? See discussion in Drama. What
would be an equivalent concept today?
A Covenant in the Bible is the word that describes the relationship
between God and his p
September 29, 2016
1. Read Joshua 1:19 and compare Deuteronomy 31:78. What promise
and what challenge is given to Joshua at the beginning of the campaign to
possess the land?
Joshua is promised every place that h
Sarah Ohlinger Dr. Mook RLS 125 26 October 2009 Psalm: Lost Im lost in the dark Im waiting for the Lord to pick me up and summon my pain Where are you oh lord?
As I gather you up with my trembling hands, I can feel your presence in my dreams Only your lov
EXAM REVIEW: 6 ACT BIBLE: 1) Creation: God Establishes his Kingdom 2) Fall: Rebellion in the Kingdom 3) Israel: The King Chooses Israel: Redemption Initiated INTERLUDE: A Kingdom story waiting for an ending: Intertestamental Period 4) Jesus: The coming of
Exam 1: Drama of Scripture -The bible provides us with the basic story that we need in order to understand our world and to live in it as Gods people. ACT I: -Elohim = God -Genesis 1 proclaims the truth about God, about humankind, and about the world. -In
1. Read Joshua 1:19 and compare Deuteronomy 31:78. What promise and
what challenge is given to Joshua at the beginning of the campaign to
possess the land?
The promise and challenge that was given to Joshua at the beginning of the campai