Santa Ynez Valley High School
Supplemental Material for DNA/Genetic Engineering
DNA EXTRATION 1: SPLIT PEA SOUP
Extract DNA from a pea.
TYPE OF CHEMICAL REACTIONS LAB REPORT
Lab Group Members:
To write balanced equations & identify the types of reactions for the experiments you perform in
1. Perform each reaction according to the directions on
Isolating DNA From Your Own Cheek Cells
Your DNA is your genetic fingerprintthis means that your DNA is like no one elses in the world!
The procedure that we will use to see your DNA includes the same basic processes that professional
A complete sentence is a
group of words that tells
a complete idea.
A complete sentence answers
Who? and What is it doing?
Example of a
The dog ate his
CHEMISTRY EXPERIMENT NUMBER 8
PERCENTAGE OF WATER IN A HYDRATE
1. To determine the percentage of water in barium chloride dihydrate.
2. To determine the percentage of water in an unknown hydrate salt.
3. To calculate the water of crystallizatio
Exercise 7 Plant Physiology- Hormonal Effects
Exercise 8 Plant Nutrition
Exercise 9 Photosynthesis
Photosynthesis is a process that
converts carbon dioxide into organic
compounds, especially sugars, using the
Investigation of the structure of DNA
Aim: To extract DNA from Split Peas and observe the structure of the DNA.
Hypothesis: The observation of DNA extracted from Split Peas is predicted to be a
tessellation of nucleotides, making strands of double helix s
Lab Quiz Answers
The accompanying graph shows results from an
experiment done to measure cellular respiration in
germinating and nongerminating corn seeds. On the
basis of the graph, answer questions 13.
1. Which of the following is a tr
Due Date Monday, January 23, 2017 by 2:00 PM
Quiz Chapter 12 (10 pts +6 pts bonus)
1. Which of the following products is (are) formed by ozonolysis of the compound below?
2. Determine the product(s).
Complete the f
Due Date Tuesday, October 20,2015
Quiz Ch 16 (each question 1 pt)
3. How would you favor the formation of the kineti
Due Tuesday, November 10, 2015, by 2:00 PM
Quiz Chapter 18, Fall 2015 (10 pts)