Introduction to Health Care
Systems and Delivery in the US
Overview of Health Care Settings
In patient vs. Outpatient
Opportunities for Nutrition Professionals
What Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians Do
Route to become a registered dietitian
Scope of Practice and Professional
1. The study of standards of conduct and
2. The study of the general nature of morals
and of the specific moral choices to be
made by a person.
3. The rules or standards governing the
Ethics Activity: NUTR 370
1. In what discipline was this scenario found? General Medical (i.e., general medical, dietetics, nursing,
2. What was the primary ethical question in this scenario?
Do some doctors consciously choose not to put ef
Medical Loss Ratio
o Percentage of insurance premiums that the insurance company spends on clinical services and activities to improve quality
o Percentage of your insurance premium that actually pays for health care
Pay for performance
o Simultaneous qu
Mary Albus - 370 Workbook
1. I am currently in the exploration stage
2. How are you balancing work, children, and your household responsibilities
now? How will you balance them in the future?
I am currently balancing all of my responsibilities by
Nutr 370 ReviewFall 2015
Overview of the Health Care System
Explain what is meant by the golden triad of Health care: Cost Access Quality.
Isnt equal for everyone across the U.S
Fewer physicians, hospital beds, physician visits a