Increase of CO2
mean more water
lose habitat from
For a household with two parents and two children living in Philadelphia, PA, the average
cost of living is estimated at $77,928 annually and for families with one parents and two children
the average cost of living is
Restructuring of Work and
the Welfare State
Global cities/economic and social polarization
(U.S. national scale)
Service economy, high tech industries, flexible production,
I think that one of the most concerning issues confronting urban areas today would be the
amount of people living in poverty. When so many people are living in small run down homes
and they are barely making it by to p
After completing the documentary, please write a 500 word essay considering the following
1) Describe the origins of the automobile and it is emerging dominance in the United States.
2) How has the automobile affected the internal structure of
GEO 204: Exam 3 Review Sheet
1. The housing problem is characterized by
2. Government intervention in housing began when
3. The federal housing programs of the New Deal had what goals?
4. Who argues that residents irresponsible behavior is often to blame
GEO 204: Exam 2 Review Sheet
1. Urban sociology emerged in the context of
2. Sociology emerged with the work of
3. According to Marx, social institutions are determined by
4. The Asiatic modes of production refer to
5. The concept of gemeinschaft means
1. In the Massey and Hirst reading they talk about the United States being an hourglass economy.
What they mean by this is that people who graduate from high education get high pay jobs while
those who do not will get lo
Holding Onto the Other Half of Mixed-Race
The reason I chose this podcast is because it is about a mixed heritage family
In the 1950s and 1960s America was, for the most part, run by white men. So when
Bayard Rustin tried to rally and people to walk for black freedom and civil rights, it was much
harder to get the city to help make these changes. The
The issue of housing is important in understanding racial inequality in the United States
because it was such a big issue back before blacks had rights. Blacks often times lived in
tenements, which are poor living conditi
During his research one of the big things that he found was that there was a whole behind
the scenes economy that the government has no clue about. Of course there are illegal drugs and
prostitution going on, but there are less ser
Often times when, cities werent as common, kings or rulers would build their empire or
castle in enormous sizes. People would live in the towns near these big buildings that had been
built in hopes to find work for thei
Describe a successful immigrant.
A successful immigrant is someone who has worked to be able to support them and their
family. They live comfortably and are not in poverty or unemployed. They contribute their
share to the government and economy.
1. Scientists receive government funding primarily because:
A. They help humans do useful things.
B. They are all sexy.
C. They use a careful method.
D. They all drink Diet Pepsi because they thi