ME 360 H03
1) Norton text problem 4-75a. Use D = 40 mm, d = 20 mm, r = 4 mm, h =
10 mm and P = 8kN. The value M is not needed for problem 4-75a. See
Section 4.15 in Norton for help with stress concentration.
ME 360 H03
2) Norton text problem
ME 360 H05
1) Determine unmodified fatigue strength (units = MPa) of hot-rolled 1010 steel shaft in axial
loading for a design life of 100,000 cycles. Do not apply any fatigue correction factors.
2) Determine unmodified fatigue strength (units
ME 360 H04
The motor from a DeWalt DW960 right-angle 18V cordless electric drill is
used for direct drive of one track on an unmanned ground vehicle (UGV).
The DW960 motor delivers 0.6 HP at 250 rpm and has a step-down output
shaft from 0.745 inch
ME 360 - H01
1) Norton text problem 4-10. Additionally - write a MATLAB m-file to plot vertical deflection
of the beam as a function of position along the beam. The plot should be fully annotated with
meaningful labels, titles, and legends as appro
ME 360 H02
1) Norton text problem 5-42. See Section 4.17 in Norton for help with thin
wall pressure vessels.
2) Norton text problem 5-68. HOWEVER - use 1045 cold rolled steel fully keyed shaft
available from McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com . Do not