28 January 2013
1. Name the states affected by the Arab Revolutions of 2011 (Arab Spring)
Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, Algeria, Iraq, Jordan,
Kuwait, Morocco and Sudan.
2. What types of regi
13 February 2013
What are the basic operating principles of the parliamentary system?
In a parliamentary system the electorate votes for representatives who, when
assembled together, collectively constitute
18 January 2013
Assignment #1: Ideologies and Politics in America
In American politics there are two main views on issues. The two views are
liberal and conservative. A liberal perspective is one that believes in governm
11 December 2012
1. I interviewed my roommate, Evan Schultz, about the most recent election. In the
interview, Evan was asked if he participated in the most recent election, why he
did or did not vote,
4 March 2013
GNI per capita, PPP
Life expectancy at
birth, total (years)
Fertility rate, total
(births per woman)
Mortality rate, under
In what important respects were the American Revolution and the French
Revolution similar? In what important respects did they differ?
The American Revolution and French Revolution are similar in the fact that
1. Which countries border Afghanistan?
- China, Pakistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan.
2. Who are the Taliban and what are their goals?
- The Taliban is a loosely-linked network of local Islamist f
1. Trade Deficit - A trade deficit occurs when the value of a country's imports is
greater than the value of its exports. This means that the country's balance of
trade is negative.
Trade Surplus - An economic measu