READING NOTES CH. 21
* Generics enable errors to be detected at compile time rather than runtime.
- Generics specify allowable concretes if code tries to pass in a different object,
code will not compile.
* Formal Generic Types (T or E) are replaced by ac
READING NOTES CH. 22
* A data structure is a collection of data organized in some fashion. As a class, a data
structure has data fields to store data, and methods such as search, sort, insertion, and
deletion, to manipulate the data.
*In object-oriented p
READING NOTES CH 23
* A set is a data structure for storing and processing non-duplicate elements
*A map allows you to quickly retrieve a value via its corresponding key
*Sets come in three concrete classes:
*The hash code
READING NOTES CH 24
*The Big O notation obtains a function (equation) to measure algorithm complexity,
where the variable is input size
* Runtime is not an accurate measure of algorithm efficiency, since it can be affected by
other factors unrelated to th
READING NOTES CH 25
* Sorting algorithms illustrate creative approaches to problem solving
*Sorting algorithms help you practice fundamental programming techniques
*Sorting algorithms demonstrate algorithm performance
* A bubble sort successively swaps ne
READING NOTES CH 26
* With a list, you can:
- retrieve an element
- insert an element
- delete an element
- find the size of the list
- find out if a list contains an element
- see if the list is empty
* You can implement a list:
- as an array
- as a link
READING NOTES CH 27
* A binary tree is a data structure composed of a hierarchy of nodes.
* The length of path is the number of nodes in the path.
* The depth of a node is the length of the path from root to node.
* A leaf is a node without children
* A b
DATA 101 First Midterm Review:
Regression analysis is also used to understand which among the independent
variables are related to the dependent variable, and to explore the forms of these