Chapter 2: Starting the Planning Process
Introduction to planning:
- Planning a health promotion program is a multistep process
(think generalized planning model)
- Because of the variety of settings and resources, the planning
process doesnt alw
1. Explain why a needs assessment is an important part of the planning process and list six
questions a needs assessment should answer.
A process of identifying, analyzing, and prioritizing needs of a priority population
1. What are some important questions to be answered in pre-planning? (See Table 1.4 from
Purpose of Program
o How is the community defined?
o What are the desired health outcomes?
o Does the community have the capacity an
1. Qualitative vs. quantitative measures/data (and examples of each)
o Data collected with the use of narrative and observational approaches to
understand individuals knowledge, perceptions, attitudes and behavi
HPEB 300 - Top Ten Chapter 1
What is health education?
o Evidence based (based on research)
o Theories that provide the opportunity to acquire knowledge, attitude, and
skills needed to adopt and maintain healthy behaviors
o Do something that already wo
1. 4 steps in creating a program rationale
Identifying appropriate background information
o Needs assessment
Titling the rationale
o Explaining logic
Writing the content of the rationale
o APA format
Listing the references used to