Over 100 years ago women did not have the rights men had. Glaspells short story
A Jury of Her Peers shared with us some of the ways men treated women and
vice versa at that point in time. Mrs. Wright, aka Minnie Foster, was a
METABOLISM: ENERGY AND
is capacity to do work.
Ultimate source of energy is the sun!
Kinetic energy is energy of motion
Ex. Rolling rock, waterfall
Potential energy is stored energy.
behind a dam
Midlands Technical College
Practice questions for Exam 4 (it will cover Chapters 18, 15, 16 and 17)
Chapter 18: Origin and History of Life
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some viruses never use DNA to carry out protein synthesis and have only RNA as
Chapter 1 Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
Anatomy deals with the structure of the body and its parts.
Physiology studies the functions of these parts.
3. Levels of Organization:
Atom -molecule, Macromolecule, organe
1. Genetic material is stored in DNA (FUNCTION); Biodiversity/diversity
2. Eukaryotes: DNA is found in the nucleus; Prokaryotes: DNA is found in the nucleoid
4. Nucleotides consist of a nitrogenous base, a phosphate group, and a sugar (
Atomic number is the number of protons in an atom. (A carbon atom has 6
Atoms with the same atomic number and different atomic masses are
referred to as isotopes.
Atomic mass is equal to the number of protons + the number of
EXAM 4 REVIEW
1. Pattern: change in the number and kinds of species overtime; Process: how you get to
the pattern (biodiversity- total number of species in a certain place at a certain time
2. Macroevolution: major changes (i.e. origin of new spe
1. Plasma Membrane: determines what goes in and out of the cell; structure of the
membrane; barrier/insulation; exchange of materials Homeostasis: regulation
2. Selectively/Differentially permeable = selects what goes in and out; factors that matt
BIOL 1030 Notes from Pearson Quizzes
Scientists use a general process known as scientific inquiry to ask and answer questions about
Using a type of logic known as inductive reasoning, a generalized conclusion can often be draw
from a large number