Learnsmart Ch 13 BUS
1. A delegation occurs when a party to a contract transfers his or her duty to
perform to a(n)
2. Which of the following is not a recognized main purpose of the statute of
To promote the notion that a persons word is
LearnSmart Ch 9. Business
1. Which of the following is a source of contract law?
2. A _ is an indication of the willingness of the offeror to enter into a contract.
3. The terms of an offer must be definite and certain, meaning that all of
LearnSmart BUS Ch.16
1. Which of the following is not a recognized way the obligations of sellers and
buyers are determined?
By rules outlined in the Universal Contracts Code
2. These damages give the injured buyer or lessee the benefit of the bargain
LearnSmart BUS Ch. 10
1. Suppose Shawn offers to sell Molly his skis for 300. Molly responds, Ill look
at them in the morning, and if I like them, Ill pay you. At this point, Molly
has made an _ promise
2. Which of the following is not a requirem
Ch. 3 BUS Learn Smart
1. In terms of civil procedure, what occurs immediately after the attorneys have
impaneled a jury?
2. A reply is an answer to a _?
3. Which of the following terms refers to non-actual jurors sitting in
CH 7 BUS LS
1. To which of the following categories of individuals does a business property
owner owe the highest obligation?
2. Libel can occur _
In a magazine or newspaper
3. _ is the intentional communication to a 3rd party of a false statemen
1. Which of the following does not constitute a trade secret?
2. A(n) _ is made by a person during his/ her lifetime.
Inter vivos gift
3. Which of the following refers to the right to go onto someones land and take part
of the land or a product of
LearnSmart BUS Ch. 11
1. An _ ignorance of facts is one partys lack of knowledge regarding a
provision of an agreement that would make it illegal
2. A contract for a _ is a contract that supplies the minor with the basic
necessities of life
1. Which of the following is a correct statement regarding criminal prosecution?
2. Case law is the collection of legal interpretations made by?
3. A majority of citizens in a democracy can agree to establish rules for business
behavior. They can p
Please rate the Investment simulation used in this course on the following criteria. The scale goes from
one to five with 1 being Strongly Disagree to 5 - Strongly Agree. Indicate your evaluation of each point.
UNIVERSIDAD CENTRAL DE BAYAMON
DEPARTAMENTO DE ADMINISTRACION DE EMPRESAS
PROGRAMA DE FINANZAS
FIN 410 Indices de Mercados y Portafolio de Inversiones
SEGUNDO EXAMEN PARCIAL
I. PRIMERA PARTE: Cierto o Falso (Conteste C para cierto; F para f
Digital media has created tremendous opportunities for businesses to:
o Forge relationships with consumers and business customers
o Target markets more precisely
o Reach previously inaccessible markets at home and around the world
o Idea generation
New ideas come internally from marketing research or employees and from
external sources such as ad agencies, consultants and customers
o Product screening
Screening involves management looking at the compan
1. Marketing- A group of activities designed to expedite transactions by creating, distributing,
pricing, and promoting goods, services, and ideas
2. Exchange- The act of giving up one thing (money, credit, labor, goods) in return for something
The Exchange Relationship
o Each participant must be willing to give up his or her
o Respective something of value to receive the something
o Held by the other
o The tangible product itself may not be as important as the
o Image or the benefits
1. List 3 types of bailments.
a. Bailments for the sole benefit of the Bailee
b. Bailments for the sole benefit of the bailor
c. Mutual-Benefit Bailments
i. Bailment for storage
ii. Parking lot bailment
iii. Bailment for work and services
Kristen A Avery
22 February 2016
1. List 3 types of implied warranties and explain what is meant by "implied
d. Implied by Law means
2. When does strict liability apply to p
1. What are the elements (requirements) of a valid
(legal or binding) contract?
a. Offer and acceptance, Mutual Agreement, Consideration, Competent Parties, Legality of
purpose, and Proper Form.
How can an implied contract be made without seeing the offer
1. List the 4 main sources of law in the U.S. and tell how each is related to the
English law and common sense (common law) where used to write the
Then legislatures started passing statues (legislative law).
The agencies creat
30 January 2016
1. List 3 types of implied warranties and explain what is
meant by "implied by law."
1. Liability, 2. Title, and 3. Service. Implied by law means the
person with a warranty gets all three warrantie
26 January 2016
1. List the 4 main elements (requirements) of a valid contact.
All contracts must have mutual agreement (meaning offer and acceptance),
competent parties, legal purpose, and consideration.
Unit 1 Assignment
21 January 2016
1. List the 4 main sources of law in the U.S. and tell how each is related
to the others.
The four main sources of law are constitutional law (the first law of the
1. List the 3 items combined to determine leadership. Leadership is a combination of traits, skills,
and behaviors that a person must learn through experience in actually leading.
2. What is the main difference between a Theory Y and a T
January 19 at noon (12:00 p.m.)
I plan to take the proctored exam at Abbeville Piedmont Tech. campus.
I have taken the syllabus quiz.
"I have read all these Procedures and understand that I must follow all of them.
1. Why must strategic planning begin with a mission statement? It states the expectation of the
2. List 3 items included in strategic planning. Strategic planning is more long range in nature and
involves a mission statement, to
1. List 3 types of bailments. Mutual benefit bailment, Bailment for Sole Benefit of Bailor, and
Bailment for Sole Benefit of Bailee.
2. Who are the parties in a bailment and what are their responsibilities? Bailor and the bailee.
1. Why is attitude so important for employee performance? A negative attitude will always hinder
an employees performance.
2. List 3 types of important political behavior. Networking, reciprocity, and building coalitions.
3. What is the
1. List the 4 main elements (requirements) of a valid contact. Mutual agreement, competent
parties, legal purpose, and consideration.
2. Tell when an offer becomes mutual agreement. The other party must accept the offer.
3. Tell what the
1. List 3 management resources. The three resources are people, machinery and equipment, and
2. What are the 3 management skills? Technical, Human, and Administrative.
3. List four basic functions of management and tell how