MUS 105 Ch. 5 Test
1. Because of its character, the rondo most often serves as a finale
2. Which of the following statements is not true? The piano trio is a
musical composition for three pianos
3. The usual order of movements in a classical string quarte
October 20, 2015
Although the baroque period occurred after the Renaissance, it was very different. It is most simply
described as the period in Western European art music that took place from 1600 to 1750. The na
MUS 105 Ch. 6 Test
1. Wagner's preeminence was such that an opera house of his own design was
built in Bayreuth, Bavaria, solely for performances of his music dramas.
2. A romantic composer who earned his living as a touring virtuoso was Franz
MUS 105 Ch. 5 Homework
1. The standard catalog of the compositions of Mozart was made by
Ludwig von Kchel
2. A string quartet is a musical composition for two violins, viola, and
3. The character of a minuet is best described as stately and dignifie
1. We know little about the music of very ancient civilizations
hardly any notated music has survived from these cultures.
2. Many conductors use a thin stick called a baton to beat time
and indicate pulse and tempo.
3. While professional singers