geo exam 3 3/5
Q: continental crust beneath mountains can be up to _ kilo thick? 70. normal is 30.
Q: Which is false? Dikes are older than the rocks they cross-cut. false. dikes are younger.
Q: the world's largest earthquakes occur along/ megathrusts at s
The student should click on the underlined score for the test in their My Grades view for the course in question.
This will open a View Attempts window in which the student should click on the underlined score in the
Calculated Grade box.
Clicking on the
BONUS#1 (7 Points)
1. What is a hurricane?
March 20, 2009
(a) wind storm with a funnel
(b) severe thunderstorm with wind
(c) storm with winds of 75 mph or more
2. What areas of the world have the most hurricanes?
(a) areas near the poles
GEOL 101 Lab / IA Olga Nedorub
Name: Bla Bla
Quiz # 4
1. Which of the following are not metamorphic rocks (circle them)? (2.5 points)
d. Rhyolite igneous rock
Announcements- January 19, 2012
E-mail communication through Blackboard
- Randomly taken 3 or more absences are excessive.
- Form 3rd absence you need to have a doctors note/
written note of the absence.
- From 4th absence you loos
Every student MUST participate to get 10 Bonus points.
Each Group Should have 8 students
Each Presentation should have 25 slides (including title slide)
Each student supply 3 slides (plus Title slide and/or videos/movies)
One student p
Announcements- January 24, 2012
- are optional
- you will get 10 Bonus points only if you do substantial
work for the presentation. Not just participate/sign-up.
- If you want to participate the deadline Jan 31.
- guidelines for prese
MSCI/GEOL 215L: COASTAL ENVIRONMENTS OF THE Southeastern U.S
GEOL 215L - Coastal Environments of the Southeastern U.S. (Laboratory). cfw_=MSCI
215L (1) Exercises examining coastal ecology, geomorphology, hydrogeology, s
MSCI / GEOL 215: Coastal Environments of the Southeastern U.S
GEOL 215 - Coastal Environments of the Southeastern U.S. cfw_=MSCI 215 (3) Coastal zones of South
Carolina and neighboring states, including geologic history, geomorphology, stratig
1. 3 types of sedimentary rocks (Silisiclastic (or also called detrital); biochemical (or also called