1. Octavian began his battle against Antony by publicly calling him out in the
senate. He then was fortunate enough to welcome two of Antonys trusted allies
into his faction. They divulged many of Antonys secrets including his will.
Octavian read his will
Professor Adam Schor
21 February 2016
1. The Gracchus brothers both were big supporters of of helping the poorer roman
citizens. They wanted to redistribute land and also extend citizenship to all latins.
1. The wealthy were definitely looked upon by lower classes with admiration. For example,
as soon as the three men saw the expanse of Trimalchios wealth they stopped to stare. It
appeared that those of new wealth were exceptionally flashy with their fortu
1. I think the main theme of Horaces poems was to highlight how morally
ambiguous Romans had become following the decline of the Republic. This
could be one of the reasons Augustus did allow him to enter into the elite circle of
his empire and enjoyed his
16 January 2016
1. How did Livy describe the ancestral origins of the Latin communities, including Rome itself, in Central
Italy? Why did he include these particular legends?
According to the legends Livy references for the f
1. According to Lucian, Alexander learned his tricks from an older man, a professed
physician, who was enamored with Alexanders beauty. The old man taught him
all the false charms that he used to make money and Alexander worked as his
helper. Alexander be