(4.6) The cutaneous membrane is dry; mucous and serous membranes are wet
A. Cutaneous membrane, or skin, is an organ system consisting of a keratinized squamous
epithelium firmly attached to a thick layer of dense irregular connective tissue
B. Mucous mem
(4.7) Tissue repair involves inflammation, organization, and regeneration
A. Tissue repair occurs in two ways: regeneration and fibrosis
Regeneration- replaces destroyed tissue with the same kind of tissue.
Fibrosis - dense connective tissue proliferates
(4.5) Nervous tissue is the specialized tissue of the nervous system
A. Nervous tissue is the main component of the nervous system, which regulates and controls body
B. Nervous tissue is composed of two types of cells.
1. Neurons are specialized
Epithelial tissue covers body surfaces, lines cavities, and forms glands
A. Epithelia Tissue Does
1. An epithelium is a sheet of cells that covers a body surface or lines a cavity.
2. Epithelium occurs in the body as covering or lining epithelium, a
Connective tissue is the most abundant and widely distributed tissue in the body
A. Functions of Connective Tissue
1. The major functions of connective tissue are binding and support, protection, insulation, and
B. Common Characteris
Chapter 4 Outline
Tissue: The Living Fabric
A. Tissue groups of cells that are similar in structure and perform a common or related function
B. 4 basic types of tissue form fabric of the body
1. Epithelial (covering)
2. Connective (support)
Directions: Please write your answers on this page staple all work to this page.
1. How many kilograms is equivalent to 206 lbs?
2. How many significant figures are present in the following measured numbers:
3. How many
Chapter 1-3.2 Study Guide
1. What are the 4 steps of the scientific method?
Observations- What do you see
Hypothesis- What do you think is the cause
Experiment- Testing your hypothesis
Conclusion- Was your hypothesis correct
2. What is the order of place
Muscle tissue is responsible for body movement
A. Muscle tissues are highly cellular, well-vascularized tissues responsible for movement
B. 1. Myofilaments - elaborate networks of the actin and myosin filaments that
movement or contracti
1. Name the 4 steps in the scientific method.
Hypothesis (A logical idea)
Experiments (Test the hypothesis)
Conclusion (Hypothesis right/wrong?)
2. For the given number, which place value does the 4 hold?