Biology (BIOL) 301 Laboratory Ecology and Evolution
Fall 2017 Coker Life Sciences 302
Lab Coordinator: William (Trey) Franklin
Email: [email protected]
Office: CLS 106/108
Phone: (803) 777-2054
Office Hours: Wednesdays 9-11 and By Appointment (Email for Ava
U.S History Final Outline
HOW DID U.S FOREIGN POLICY CHANGE FROM BEING SOVIET-FOCUSED TO MIDDLE EASTERN
For a long time, the United States main concern was ending the communist regime in the
Soviet Union and the Cold War.
George W. Bush, President Bush Address to Congress, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2001
Part 1: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xo7X6lAzFQ
Part 2: https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bNNoAEvmBQ
Part 1: Skip to 4:50 and watch to end
Part 2: Start at 0 and end at
Chapter 7: Modernizing Dance
Theme: Dance as a creation of individual artists, with a focus on the twentieth century in America
I. The early twentieth century is a period of fusion and transition across many dance styles, including:
Vintage TV Assignment
Email your written responses to the following questions to Dr. Wilson at [email protected]
no later than midnight on Saturday, April 8.
Material from this assignment and from the PPT Lecture Vintage TV on Blackboard will be
1. Thus the Lord saved Israel that day from the Egyptians; Israel saw the Egyptians dead
on the seashore. Israel saw the great work that the Lord did against the Egyptians. So
the people feared the Lord and believ
1. Where is the binding site typically located in the protein structure?
2. What makes it possible for proteins to have common structural elements (alpha helices or beta
3. If adenine in the sequence TCAT is depurinated and not repaired, w
BIO302 FINAL REVIEW
1. The hydrolysis of GTP to GDP by tubulin molecules leads to what phenomenon?
a. DYNAMIC INSTABILITY
2. T/F? The cytoskeleton provides a rigid and unchangeable structure of the cell.
3. Which motor proteins are involved in tr
Unit 4 Quiz Outline
Alexander von Humboldt (Chapter 32)
Vegetarians, Amino Acids, and Nitrogen (page 25)
Global Warming: The Future Is Now (page 140)
Adaptive Radiation in Hawaiian Lobeliads (page 224)
Google Earth: A Tool for Discoveri
1. A polar covalent bond forms when: electrons are shared unequally between two atoms
2. Solution A has a pH of 3 while Solution B has a pH of 5. Which is considered to be more acidic?
3. An atom has an atomic number of 19 and a mass num
Osmosis & Cells
Before you watch the video, first complete questions 1 & 2.
2. Define Hypertonic, hypotonic, isotonic.
Watch the Osmosis & Cells video. This video demonstrates how cells behave when placed in
different types of solutions.
Chemistry Review Worksheet
1. An electron is a _ charged particle. Therefore, if an atom loses an
electron, it will have an overall _ charge.
2. If an atom gains an electron, it will have an overall _ charge.
3. Define ion:
4. Based on the octet rule, chl
1. If you burn through to the stratum spinosium, this would be classified as what type of burn? First
2. The layer of the epidermis only found in the thick skin of areas such as the fingertips, palms and
soles is the stratum lucidum
3. The o
Check your understanding: Homeostasis
Before you watch the video, first complete questions 1 & 2.
2. Describe a negative feedback loop. Be sure the mention all the components
and the resulting outcome of a negative feedback loop.
1. Which type of muscle tissue possesses striations?
a. skeletal muscle
b. smooth muscle
c. cardiac muscle
d. both skeletal and smooth
e. both skeletal and cardiac
2. The neurotransmitter that is released in the neuromuscular junction is
1. The environment outside the plasma membrane is most appropriately referred to as:
2. X Which of the following is a major function of connective tissue? FILLING OF INTERNAL SPACES
FOR PROTECTION OF ORGANS OR TISSUES FROM FRICTION, I
1. The medullary cavity of an adult long bone would most likely be filled with what? Yellow
2. Parathyroid hormone: stimulates calcium retention by the kidneys
3. Which are needed for proper bone growth? All are needed
4. X Which hormone res
How the Cell Cycle Works
1. When does DNA replication occur?
2. What is the purpose of DNA replication?
3. What are the 4 stages of Mitosis and what happens during each stage?
4. What is the purpose of Interphase?
February 25, 2016
Group Members: Mide, Rachel, Amanda, Erika, Carlos, Cameron
Determination of Glucose, Vitamin C, and Starch in Foods
The goal of the experiment was to determining the am
October 16, 2015
The natural disaster had a massive impact on the economy in Columbia, SC. The
three classes, which were impacted from the natural disaster, include: the upper, the
COB reflection paper 4
Justin Jee 3/12/13
Justin presented his work on 2 disparate yet intimately related topics, the evolution
of the genetic code and the evolution of ideas as evidenced through tex
Tips for Writing Biology Essays
1. The first thing that you should do is to carefully read the question. The second thing
you should do is read the question and the third thing you should do is read the
question. Be sure that you answer the question as
CBSE SAMPLE PAPER 13 (Solved)
Time: 3 Hrs
1. The question paper comprises of five Sections A, B, C, D and E.
2. All questions are compulsory.
3. There is no overall choice however; internal choice has
Chapter 7: Respiration
7.2 The Respiratory Structures and Breathing Mechanisms in Humans & Animals
Adaptations of respiratory structures
c) Large surface area
2. Larger organisms require specialized respiratory structu
CREATIVITY IN THE TEXTILE INDUSTRIES
NOTES AND SOURCES
CHEMICAL MATERIALS DYEING AND FINISHING (1900 )
Cellulose is composed of long-chain molecules. When wet the molecules are lubricated by
absorbed water between the chains. Drying forms h
TEST-SERIES FOR MHT-CET 2009 BIOLOGY
- PROF. ROHAN SHENOY
1. Ground water is
a) Fresh water resource
b) Marine water resource
c) Available to plants
d) Both (a) and (c)
2. Global warming means
a) Increase in body temperature
b) Increase in global environm
HIST 115 / MEDVL 115: Week One: Overview Lecture Handout
Crusading in the Middle Ages
Fall 2013 Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:30-2:50 STJ 3027
St. Jeromes University at the University of Waterloo
Instructors Contact Information
Instructor: Dr. K. Walker
CS 4820 Notes Spring 2013
Introduction to Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Lecture 3 1/25/13
Homework 1. Due next Thusday.
Greedy Algorithms (contd). Today we look at the Greedy stays ahead method.
Interval Scheduling. (In ch. 4 of the text.) Fin
Biology 240 Lecture Topics, F14
Fundamentals of Microbiology
Biology 240, Fall 2014
Dr. Josh D. Neufeld
This listing includes a tentative outline of Topics covered in the F14 version of Biol 240,
and each topic