Chapter 6 Practice Test A
Name: _ Date: _
0. Which of the following would be normally distributed and why or why not?
a. The amount that a German Shepherd dogs eat
b. The age a German Shepherd female dog first has babies
c. The number of hours a student d
Worksheet: Competitive Markets and Other Markets
Part A: Characteristics of Markets
Fill in the chart below describing each of the markets.
Introduction to Economics Part 1
A. Macroeconomic and Microeconomics
Consider the following issues an economist might explore, determine whether it is a Macroeconomic or
The unemployment rate in the United States w
Chapter 2 & 3 Practice Problems
1. Find the class with the least number of data values.
2. Thirty students recorded the colors of their eyes, choosing from the colors brown, blue,
green, hazel, and black. This data can be appropria
1. Suppose the values below correspond to 2010 Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores
for seven randomly selected USC pre-med majors, expressed as their percentile rank among all
students taking the test that year.
a. What is th
1. Below is a scatter plot of distance punted (ft) versus right leg strength (lbs) for n=13
right-legged NFL punters. The least squares fitted line is summarized in bold below.
Distance punted (ft) = 14.9 + 0.903*(right leg strength, lbs)
Sample size: 13
1. As mentioned in class, the Gleason grading scale is a 1-to-5 scale used to judge a prostate tumor
biopsy in order to gauge the aggressiveness of the cancer. A clinician rated 42 tumor biopsies on
the Gleason scale - a pie chart of his ratings for these
1. 926 adults from a particular city were surveyed, producing the contingency table below. The
conditional percents (by row) are shown in parentheses in each cell for example, of those who
said premarital sex is always wrong, 41% agreed that birth control
STAT 201 SPRING 2013
PRACTICE EXAM II
1. Suppose that IQ test scores in the general population follow a Normal distribution with mean 100 and
standard deviation 15.
a) (5) Sketch the frequency curve for IQ scores in the general population; be sure