Please read Chapters 2 & 3 in the text. For homework, in Chapter 2, please answer questions 2, 5, 8 & 13. In Chapter 3,
please answer questions 3, 4, 6, 8 & 18.
2. Inflation Effect on Trade:
a. How would a relatively high home inflation rate
Score for this quiz: 12 out of 20
Submitted Jan 20 at 12:12pm
This attempt took 23 minutes.
2 / 2 pts
Your bank offers a savings account that pays 3.5% interest, compounded annually. If you invest
$1,000 in the account, then how much will it be
Homework wk 1
1. Finance is a broad term used to manage a companys assets and liabilities. Finance is used as a
planning mechanism to project future growth. With finance managers are able to have control
over the companys
Homework week 3
1. Define the following terms as they apply to bonds:
a. Face value: The amount that the bond promises to pay its owner at some date in the
b. Maturity date: The date on which the issuer is obligated
Homework week 5
For Week 5, please turn in the answers to the following questions:
1. What does it mean when people refer to a firms cost of capital?
A firm's cost of capital is the minimum average rate of return it must ear
Homework week 4
For Week 4, please turn in the answers to the following questions:
1. What are the two kinds of stock corporations issue to finance their assets? List the
main characteristics of each.
Common Stock: Common S
Mid-Term Exam, Part B
Midterm Exam Part B, Problems
Directions: You may complete the exam in Excel or in Word.
If you choose to complete the exam in Excel, open the Excel program and create a new
spreadsheet named mid-term exam (your last name)
Homework week 2
1. Its important to know about the time value of money concepts because over time the
value of money changes, and its important to not just rely on the size of the cash flow
but looking at all factors such a
Week 2 Homework
January 18, 2017
3. No, his actions are not justifiable with the generalization test. The generalization test is defined as the
reason for my action should be consistent, based on my understanding of how the world works, with
Week 3 Homework
January 26, 2017
21. No I dont think it is ok to steal the CD. Although, you can make better use of the $12,
stealing is wrong and it does not pass the generalization test. And if we all thought like this we
would all steal ju
The University of South Carolina Upstate
Johnson College of Business and Economics
International Finacial Management
George P. Henefeld, Instructor, Adjunct Professor of Finance
Identify the management goal and organizational structure of the Multinational Corporation (MNC). - They are expected to make decisions that will maximize the stock price How Business Disciplines Are Used to Manage the MNC Common finance decisions include
Fixed exchange rate system - requires central bank intervention in order to maintain a currency's value
ithin narrow boundaries.
Devalue - reduce the value of its currency against other currencies.
Devaluation - decrease in currency's value that is allowe
2. Receivables of 100,000 Singapore dollars in 90 days: @2% interest barrow 100,000/(1+.02)=98,039.22. Covert to US $:
98039.22*.50 per Singapore$=49,019.61US interest rate in book example used 3%: 49019.61*(1+.03) = $50,490.20
5. US Corp could
2. Technical forecasting involves using historical exchange rate data to predict future
values. A trend of successive daily exchange rate adjustments in the same direction
could lead to a continuation of that trend. Or it could show an indicatio
Please read Chapters 4 & 5 in the text. For homework, in Chapter 4, please answer
questions 2, 3, 4, 10 & 13. In Chapter 5, please answer questions 2, 6, 9, 10 & 11. This
homework is due to me prior to call on September 8th.
Also, in my opinion, Chapters
Chapter 6, please answer questions
3. Depends on the amount of reserves it can use. It is has a substantial amount it can intervene in the foreign exchange
market by buying up either foreign or US dollars to influence the market. Also if several central b
Week 4 Homework
February 5, 2017
5. This principle is tricky, however, I believe that it would not satisfy the difference principle.
The book states, A policy must result in the greatest benefit for those who are least advantaged
after the po