Homework 4, Biochemistry Metabolism 2016
1. The standard reduction potentials (E') for the following half reactions are given.
Fumarate + 2H+ + 2e succinate
E' = +0.031 V
FAD + 2H+ + 2e FADH2
E' = 0.219 V
If succinate, fumarate, FAD, and FADH2, all at l M
Metabolism 5311_ Homework 1-Key
I indicated throughout where I would give points and where points would be deducted if the
information was not given.
1. Explain using quantitative terms the circumstances under which the following reaction can
Key Homework 5, Metabolism 2016
1. Which of the following statements concerning fatty acids is correct?
A fatty acid is the precursor of prostaglandins.
Phosphatidic acid is a common fatty acid.
Fatty acids all contain one or more double bo
Key - Homework 6, Metabolism, 2016
1. Which of these statements about eicosanoid synthesis is true?
A) An early step in the path to thromboxanes is blocked by ibuprofen.
B) Arachidonate is derived mainly by hydrolysis of triacylglycerols.
C) Aspirin acts
Homework 3, 2016
1. Match the cofactors below with their roles in the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex reaction
A. Coenzyme A (CoA-SH)
C. Thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP)
E. Lipoic acid in oxidized form
_TPP_ Attacks and at
Key Homework 2
1.) What are the two reactions in glycolysis in which aldose to ketose isomerization is catalyzed by
an enzyme? Name the reactions and the enzyme, no chemical structures needed. For both reactions
the G' is positive. Briefly explain, using