38) Supervisors involved in quality control and editing should do all of the following except _.
A) supervisors should do some interviewing
B) supervisors should keep a record of hours worked and expenses
C) supervisors should provide tabulation of import
24) When utilizing weighting, categories underrepresented in the sample receive lower weights,
whereas overrepresented categories receive higher weights.
25) The purpose of respecification is to create variables that are consistent with
57) During a preliminary check for consistency, you found a respondent had reported an annual
income of less than $20,000, yet indicated frequent shopping at prestigious department stores such
as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. You are at the _ step
80) You would use weighting under which circumstance?
A) to create new variables that are composites of several other variables
B) to compare attitudinal scores measured on a seven-point semantic differential scale with
lifestyle or image scores measured
55) List and discuss the major areas of the fieldwork/data collection process.
Answer: All fieldwork involves the selection, training, and supervision of persons who collect data. The
validation of fieldwork and the evaluation of field workers are also pa
OMEGA AIR CHARTERS: TROUBLE IN AZERBAIJAN
Ken Mark prepared this case under the supervision of Professors Gerard Seijts and Simon Taggar solely to provide material for
class discussion. The authors do not intend to illustrate either effective
ESSAY. Write your answer in the space provided or on a separate sheet of paper.
69) Discuss four of the methods of reducing refusals to participate in a survey.
vi y re
Answer: Prior notification
94) Discuss the uses of nonprobability and probability sampling.
Answer: Nonprobability sampling is used in concept tests, package tests, name tests, and copy tests, where
projections to the populations are usually not needed. In such studies, interest ce
48) In _, cost does not enter directly into the calculation of sample size.
A) stratified sampling
B) cluster sampling
C) simple random sampling
D) A and C are correct
49) The number of interviews that must be completed is the _.
25) The number of strata to use is a matter of judgment, but experience suggests the use of no more
26) The logic behind proportionate sampling is simple. Strata with larger relative sizes are more
influential in determining
116) What are the guidelines for the placement of branching questions?
Answer: Placement of branching questions is important and the following guidelines should be followed: (1) the
question being branched (the one to which the respondent is being directe
75) Which of the statements below is not true about stratified sampling?
A) Stratified sampling can ensure that all the important subpopulations are represented in the
B) Most approaches to statistical inference assume that the data have been coll
14) Cheating involves falsifying part of a question or the entire questionnaire.
15) To validate the study, the supervisors call 25 to 30 percent of the respondents to inquire whether
the field workers actually conducted the interviews.
53) _ is a sampling technique in which an element cannot be included in the sample more than
A) Simple random sampling
B) Sampling without replacement
C) Bayesian approach
D) Sampling with replacement
54) If the researcher is concerned
23) The door-in-the-face attempt at motivating potential respondents is more effective than
24) Prepaid incentives have been shown to increase response rates to a greater extent than promised
THE STORY OF A HIGH-TECH
ENTREPRENEUR IN A LOW-TECH WORLD
by Monique Maddy
HE LAST TIME I SAW AFRICA,
Adesemi was a tough little
American start-up in Africa
that many believed would
ultimately blanket the third
world with affor
The liberalization of markets is forcing executives and social activists
to work together. They are developing new business models that will
transform organizations and the lives of poor people everywhere.
by Jeb Br
download full file at http:/testbankinstant.com
Chapter 1: Introduction to Marketing Research
Boeing commissioned Harris Interactive, Inc. to conduct a study to determine the aircraft preferences of fliers. Boeing did
this because they understood the i
download full file at http:/testbankcafe.com
Marketing Research: An Applied Orientation, 6e (Malhotra)
Chapter 2 Defining the Marketing Research Problem and Developing an Approach
1) Problem definition is the most important step in the marketing research
Companies routinely exaggerate the attractiveness of foreign
markets, and that can lead to expensive mistakes. Here's a
more rational approach to evaluating global opportunities.
The Hard Reality of Global Expansion
BY DANIEL J. ISENBERG
The Global Entrepreneur
A new breed of entrepreneur is thinking across borders from day one.
FOR A CENTURY AND MORE, companies have ventured abroad only after establishing themselves at home.
Moreover, when th
ADVANCED TOPICS IN INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Advanced Topics in International Management
Type of course
Level of course
Department in charge
Year of study
Number of credi
INDIA GOLD FISH LEATHER, LTD.1
Youre writing cases about India? Well, have I got one for you! A classic, for
sure! Heres my card; let me buy you a beer. Hey, give us two beers here. With this
introduction, Mr. Bob Roberts, president director of India Gold
112) What is the appropriate way to assess the internal consistency of a multi-item scale with sets of items designed
to measure different aspects of a multi-dimensional construct?
Answer: Some multi-item scales include several sets of items designed to m
93) A scale designed to measure store image would be considered inadequate if it omitted any of the
major dimensions (quality, variety, assortment of merchandise, etc.). This inadequacy would be
reflected in the _ of the scale.
A) internal consistency val
DAMARK PACKAGING INC.: WRAPPING UP MEXICO1
David Ager and Luvy Gonzalez de Wilson wrote this case under the supervision of Professor Mary Crossan solely to provide
material for class discussion. The authors do not intend to illustrate either
60) When developing a questionnaire, to ensure that the information obtained fully addresses all
components of the problem, the researcher should _.
A) prepare a set of dummy tables
B) have a clear idea of the target population
C) review components of the
81) Which of the following statements is not true about unstructured questions?
A) Open-ended questions are useful as opening questions.
B) Open-ended questions are useful in exploratory research.
C) Unstructured questions can suffer from order or positio
49) Which non-comparative scale has the advantage of being easy to construct and the disadvantage
of cumbersome scoring unless the scoring is computerized (Table 9.1 in the text)?
A) Likert scale
B) Stapel scale
C) continuous rating scale
D) semantic diff