A wise man once said, Treat others as you would have them treat you.
Every day when I get up from bed, I want to try something new.
A new way to see the world, to make a friend, to help someone through and through.
Any one, anythin
Website Review for Child Growth
January 21, 2013
Child development is a constant wonder for parents if their child is normal and doing the key
things for that age group. There are many resources available to people and here is o
Behaviorists emphasize that learning occurs only when change is measurable. Do you
agree or disagree? Why?
I do not completely agree. I feel as though a lot of things people learn are measurable
but what about something like Ethics. We can tea
1. Take the forest Gump Quiz.
2. One of the most powerful predictions of future performance is past behavior.
Express your feelings and thinking about this statement.
3. Students use what they know to figure out what they dont know. Explain h
Questions on Chapter 7- Developmental Psychology
1. Define Developmental Psychology. It is a bit broader than the other theories, isnt it?
The how and why people change throughout their lives. It includes examining emotional,
EPSY 302 Caring
1. Caring has reciprocal nature according to this chapter in your book. What does this mean to you now?
I feel like this means a person in order to be caring and be care for it has to go both ways. If a student
does not feel like he or she
Questions on Chapter 1- Whats Educational Psychology?
1. In your own words define the field of Educational
2. Propose a research project for each of the Four Main Domains in which we do research. Create a
totally different researc
Chapter 1 EPSY
1) In your own words define the field of Educational Psychology?
The field of Educational Psychology is a way to provide better understanding of the
environments and abilities that students face every day and how to make a better
Project three( My Goal)
My goal for this semester is to work on my time management skills. I will always get my work
done but because I procrastinate on everything sometimes I dont do the best job that I can do on
something. So often I will wait unti
EPSY Motivation chap
1. We have read about what motivates students to learn in this section (Motivating
Students). Do a brief and honest assessment of what motivates you to learn. Be candid.
What are your overarching motivators?
Example: Melissa Hartsock,
If teachers were fire builders
They would scope out the scene
To see if the fire will mature or flicker
They gather all the fuel and tinder.
Setting the base is what it takes,
Starting small, piece by piece, maybe some bark or wood flakes
What is Educational Psychology?
1) In your own words define the field of Educational Psychology:
Educational Psychology is a field that strives to improve the education system and
students growth. Through research, information is used by teach
Project 8- Behaviorism Questions
1) Learning occurs only when change is measurable:
I could say that I agree and disagree with the statement. Learning is a complex act for the
mind and we all retain and express knowledge differentl
Project 7- Self Assessments
Ive always considered myself as someone who learns best from teaching others and
experience. With the tests I did, I found some surprising evidence that both supports my theory
and adds to it. I found that Im e
With major elections looming and drastic changes in education policies around the
country, the newest front has found a fray in Idaho. A state, which was hit incredibly hard by the
economic down turn, was forced to make deep cuts int
1) Take Forrest Gump quiz and record your score.
2) Express your feelings about past behaviors predicting future ones.
I totally agree, though its a worthy pursuit to want to change lives, its a tall order. In
Project 3b- Reflection
In the first part of this project, I set a clear and concise goal- to create more meaningful
relationships with people. Over the past few months a lot has happened: got a job as a naturalist
intern at the Outdoor Ca
Project 3a- Personal Refinement
There are quite a few ways to be a successful person, but one of the most important is to
create connections and relationships with people. Too often I go to places like: classes, work,
church, and just around t
Chapter 7 questions- Developmental Psychology
1. Define developmental psychology.
Unlike the other theories weve examined in the book, which focus closely on a particular
subject on how people learn- developmental psychology focuses more
Chapter 6 Questions
1) Where do you see yourself on Maslows Hierarchy of Needs? How do you know
youre there and how do you know that youve satisfied the lower needs?
I think that I am on the stage of self-actualization. When reflecting on
Chapter 5- Cognitive Learning and Teaching
1. Describe a time when you learned through social interactions rather than in a
Learning fairness could only occur to me as a child best on the playground or interacting