1. Draw the MENU entity as a supertype of the PROMOTIONAL, REGULAR, and OTHER
entities. The UID of MENU is code. MENU is related to FOOD ITEM through this relationship:
each MENU may contain one or more FOOD ITEMs, and each FOOD ITEM must be listed o
1. The manager of Global Fast Foods would like to send out coupons for the upcoming sale.
He wants to send one coupon to each household. Create the SELECT statement that
returns the customer last name and a mailing address.
SELECT Cust_L_Name, Mail_Add
1. Execute the two queries below. Why do these nearly identical statements produce two different
results? Name the difference and explain why.
SELECT code, description FROM d_themes WHERE code >200 AND description IN('Tropical',
1. Write a SQL statement that demonstrates projection.
WHERE last_name Ryken ;
2. Write a query that displays the last_name and email addresses for all the people in the
DJs on Demand d_client table. The column headings should
Answer to Question 1: B
Each person was born in one and only one town
Each town must be the birth place of one or more person.
Each person must live in only one town
Each town must be the hometown of one or more people
Each person may be a visitor of one
Artificial, Composite, and Secondary UIDS
3. Describe how you would identify the entities listed below, making up any attributes and relationships
you consider appropriate. For example, for the Student entity you may say that the UID is comprised of
2-2: Entities, Instances, Attributes and Identifiers Practice Activities
2. Think about the last time you went to get a haircut, permanent, manicure, or other service from a
barbershop or hair salon. Discuss the business of a barbershop or hair salon. Nam
DD Section 2 Group Assignment:
6. Read the given business scenario and walk through the steps below. Im the owner of a small movie
rental store. We have over 3,000 movies that we need to keep track of. Each of our movies has a DVD or
VHS tape number. For
CIS-194 30C Assignment
DD Section 3 Group
Section 4: Documenting Business Rules
1. Identify which item off of the following list is the supertype entity and which it