1. For each of the bags, identify whether the solution inside was hypertonic, hypotonic or
isotonic in comparison to the beaker solution it was placed in.
Bag #1s solution was hypotonic compared to the solution of beaker #2. Bag #2s solution was
1. Which dye diused the fastest in corn syrup? In your chosen material? Red Dye, Blue Dye 2.
Does the rate of diusion correspond with the molecular weight of the dye? It depends on the
molecular weight of the dye and the density of the medium.
1) Convert the following:
3 m = _300_ cm
83 m = _83000000_ m
41,692 m = _.000041692_ mm
110 kilometers = _110000_ m = _110000000_ mm
3.7 hectometers =_370_ m =_37000_ cm
451,000,000 m = _.000451_ m = _.0000451_ dam
2) Imagine a field is about 10
1. Which substance crossed the dialysis membrane? What evidence from your
results proves this?
Glucose crossed the dialysis membrane. The glucose test strips confirmed that it
moved from the dialysis bag to the beaker.
2. What molecules remained inside th