Provisional list of selected candidates for the SC/ST Summer
Fellowship Programme in Science Department
KOTCHERLA VENKATESWARA RAO
Explain the congruence of ideas found in Thorndike's "Law of Effects" and
Taylor's emphasis on tying performance to money.
Edward Thorndike was among the first scientists to really study operant conditioning. His
theory of Law of Effect states a r
1. Payoff Table
Sales ($ millions)
Do Not Introduce -$400,000
2. A. Maximum payoff would be 15, he will choose D2.
B. Minimum payoff is maximum in case
Week 2 Option 2
1. Gathering and maintaining flow statics are paramount to ensuring that each
protected group is being hired at an equal rate. According to the text this is the area
that comes under the most scrutiny when it comes to equal empl
Chapter 10 Discussion
1. How would you go about deciding whom to select for the openings? In other
words, without providing your decisions for the individual candidates, describe how
you would weigh the various selection information to reach a deci
Chapter 10 Discussion
1. What is the likely cause of CSDs problems?
CSD problems stem from the fact that the current HR department and top level
managers failed to realize the strengths and weaknesses of their employees is
disgraceful and absolutely appal
Chapter 9 Discussion
1. A job knowledge test specifically designed for HR professionals that focus on an
applicants general knowledge of HR management
Absolutely this is very important, many current employers skip over the most
basic of tests to ensure th
Chapter 7 Discussion
1. How do you interpret the reliability results for the clerical test and work sample?
Are they favorable enough for Phonemin to consider using them for keeps in selecting
You interpret the reliability results for the
Chapter 8 Discussion
1. What sort of background should BSS conduct on its applicants?
BSS should complete the following background for its applicants; they should research
current military background check programs and model their security background
Ch 6 Discussion
1. Should seniority be eliminated, as eligibility standard for bidding on jobs- meaning
the two-year plus employees would no longer have priority?
Yes the seniority policy should be eliminated. These types of polices are outdated
Ch 5 Discussion
1. Look at three to five corporate websites that have a recruitment area and note their
major features, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Job Search
- Online applications
- Contact information
- Accurate and precise j
Ch 4 Discussion
1. Reasons why it is important to update or write new job descriptions
There are many valid reasons on why to update a job description. The first being
that the company is constantly updating and improving on the technology that is being
CH 3 Options 2
1. The possible advantages and disadvantages are fairly evident when it comes to
flexible staffing options. The main advantages are you do not have to lay off
employees, as you do using the current employee system. Lay offs are often seen i
Listen, Learnthen Lead
I enjoyed watching this video of General Stanley McChrystal. His exemplary background
in the U.S. Special Forces definitely has given him a wide range of leadership skills. He touched
on several key points that I thought were es
Your quiz has been submitted successfully.
The need to outsource employees is a complex issue for
international human resource (IHR) managers as they seek to
support strategic mandates.