1. In my opinion the use of these things are essential. These are the inputs on the computer
that you do most everything with. They can give power, upload things, and do almost
2. The usual steps when n
Clean your startup list, reduce running applications to a minimum, terminate processes that are
not necessary, scan computer for worms.
2. Always use a ground bracelet as you work, turn off the power, unplug the
1. Notebooks and their replacement parts cost more than desktop PCs with similar features
because their components are designed to be more compact and stand up to travel.
2. When replacing anything, I always line the screw
1. A DSL modem connects your computer to a phone line in order to transmit digital data.
You can access both the internet and your phone line at the same time, Faster speed than
dial-up, Ability to choose betwe
1. I/O unit: manages data & instructions entering and leaving the processor. Control unit: manages
all activities inside the processor itself. Arithmetic Logic Unit: does all logical comparisons and
March 1, 2016
1. Set Customer Expectations, Build Trust, go above and Beyond is what I believe would help retain
customer service. I always love going somewhere and having someone help me that loves their
job and loves hel
Feb 28, 2016
1. Master boot program and BIOS
2. Size, Budget, Speed, Warranty, Security
3. Did someone use your computer lately? Has the computer been moved to a new location? Was
any new software recently installed? Does
Unit 4 Assignment
1. The P45, P43, P35, G45, and G31 chipsets support Core Quad and Core 2 Duo Intel processors. P45,
P43, and G45 can support up to 16 GB of DDR3 or DDR2 memory. The P35 chipset supports up to 8 GB of
DDR3 or DDR2 me
1. A TV Tuner Card Is a card similar to a Network Card or an internal modem. You can access the T.V
thru your PC. An expansion card that provides inputs and outputs for analog and digital video. It
is used to link
1. A Surge protector, protects a computer system against lightning strikes but does not protect
against sags and brownouts.
2. Even though its disconnected, high voltage may still be stored in the capacitors.
Unit 2 Assignment
1. Is the power cord plugged in? If it is plugged into a power strip or surge suppressor, is the device
turned on and also plugged in? Is the power outlet controlled by a wall switch? If so, is th
Unit 1 Assignment
1. A method for the device to send and receive data to and from the computer, software, and
electricity to power the device.
2. The chipset determines the type of processor the motherboard accepts, the type of capa