Learning Support Reading
Week 5 Inferences
Watch the two videos and answer the 4 questions that
1. What is inference?
Learning Support Reading Week 5 Inferences
Page 1 of 2
1) I can define inference.
2) I can define textual inference.
3) I can read closely in a text to make inferences.
4) I can analyze an authors words to determi
MyReadingLabs- Inference Week 5
1. From the overview:
Define inference- an idea that is not stated in a text
but is implied or suggested by what is stated and is
probably intended by the author
2. From the model:
List the six guidelines for uncovering imp
Getting to the Point
Short account of the central ideas of a text
Summaries are not a place for
How To Summarize
1. Read the text.
2. Dont let big words scare you.
3. Ask, What was
MyReadingLabs- Pattern of Organization:
Generalization and Example Week 9
1. From the model:
Explain how the Generalization and Example
pattern can be identified. (Basically the definition
from the first tw
Summary and Main Idea Worksheet 1
Directions: Read each passage and.
1. Create a title for the passage related to the main idea.
2. Accurately summarize the text.
3. Your summary must describe all key ideas
1. Identify the name and author of the original
2. Identify the writers main idea, condense it and
write it in y
Division and Classification
From the model:
Why do authors use division and classification?
To help readers understand how larger ideas,
processes, and things can be broken into related
11/27/2016 00:50 a11/p11
Compare and Contrast
1. From the model: What is the compare and contrast pattern?
It is the pattern of organization that authors use to show how
two or more things are alike and how they differ.
2. From th