47. IVF: The Simple Case, Peter Singer
Singer addresses seven moral objections that have been lodged against in vitro fertilization (IVF), focusing on its use in the
simple case (a married, infertile couple use an egg taken from the wife and sperm taken f
FINAL EXAM STUDY GUIDE:
Chapter 8 Reproductive Technology
1. The uniting of sperm and egg in a laboratory dish, instead of inside a womans body, is called
a. Ovarian stimulation
b. Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT)
*c. In vitro fertilization (IVF)
branch of philosophy related to morals, principles, and
Uses reason and logic to analyze problems/find solutions
Ethics: concerned with what?
Concerned with actions and practices that improve welfare
of people in a moral way
What is Health Care Ethics ?
1. The application of ethics to the field of health care
2. The ethical principles, rules, and values that guide
physicians in their interactions with patients and other
health professionals in clinical care and research
Morality of Duty
Morality of Duty-=basic rules without which an ordered society is
impossible, or without which an ordered society directed
toward certain specific goals must fail in its mark
What are the two major categories of ethical theori
PHILOSOPHY 322- MEDICAL ETHICS
MIDTERM STUDY GUIDE
Chapter 1 Moral Reasoning in Bioethics
1. Ethics is the study of morality using the tools and method of what?
2. The use of moral norms and concepts to resolve practical moral issues is called what?