1. Endoplasmic reticulum is best described as a
a. formless liquid.
b. cellular inclusion.
c. network of interconnected membranes.
d. membranous sac.
7. Differentiation seems to result from
a. different DNA information being
1. Anabolic metabolism includes
a. substances are synthesized.
b. all processes needed to maintain life.
c. destructive processes by which
substances are decomposed.
d. changes of larger molecules into smaller
6. The oxidation th
1. Chemistry deals with
a. the composition of substances.
b. changes that occur in substances.
c. substances that make up organisms.
d. all of the above
8. If an atom has 3 electrons in its second shell and
its first shell is
Part II. True or False
2 major types of cholinergic receptors are muscarinic and nicotinic.: true
individuals within the same environment perceive that environment exactly the
same way.: false
arbor vitae is found in the cerebrum.: false
How to Read a Scientific Research Papera four-step guide for students
School of Natural Science
Hampshire College Amherst
MA OJ 002
Reading research papers ("primary articles") is partly a matter of experience and skill, and partly
Hsuan-Hsin (Abraham) Lin
20 April 2016
Tree Report: Apricot
The research is begun on January and ended on April. The objective is to observe the growth and
changes of a tree by its traits such as flowers, leaves
Population Ecology Homework
Principles II Spring 2016
Name: Hsuan-Hsin (Abraham) Lin
Remember the following:
r = births deaths/total population
dN/dt = rN; where
dN is the change in population size
dt = is the change in time
Which of the following is a superficial vein on the medial surface of the arm?
2. The pulse can be felt from any of the following vessels except:
C. dorsal pedal
1. The two _ veins join together to form the superior vena cava.
2. An obstruction in the inferior vena cava would hamper the return of blood from
A. head and neck
B. upper extremities
1. "To allow 2 capillary beds for exchange of materials" is the function of the
A. pulmonary circulation
B. ductus venosum
C. portal circulation
E. right side of the heart
2. At any moment, more than half of the blood in the circulation may be
1. In which circulation do the arteries carry mainly oxygenated blood?
A. pulmonary circulation of adults
B. systemic circulation of adults
C. fetal circulation
D. none of the above
2. Assuming that a thrombus was formed in the femoral vein, it would
1. The Linea alba is the fusion of the fascia covering the:
B. rectus abdominis
D. origin of the latisimus dorsi
2. If you got a flu shot, you probably got it in the:
A. biceps brachii
B. gluteus medius
1. Postural muscles are for the most part considered to be -?- of the body.
A. agonistic (to)
B. muscles that oppose flexion
E. all of the above
2. A muscle which extends the head must have its body on the:
A. anterior surface of
1. The complete service motion in tennis and the motion used to throw a ball
overhand is best
described by the term
2. Bending the elbow is:
A. flexion of the arm.
B. flexion of the fo
1. A patient, panting patiently in another patient's post op privy, pokes
her foot up and down. What actions is she performing?
A. dorsi flexion and extension
B. elevation and depression
C. both A and B
D. neither A nor B
2. Moving the head to signify "no
1. Which of the following joints is NOT correctly matched with its joint
A. Between carpals => saddle
B. Parietal and occipital bones = > suture
C. Tibia and femur = > hinge
D. Humerus and scapula = > ball and socket
E. Between public bone
1. Which of the following bones is unpaired?
2. Which of the following functions is/are associated with the facial bones?
A. possess sockets for teeth
B. houses smelling apparatus
C. provides prot
1. A long bone
A. has a medullary cavity in the diaphysis.
B. has red marrow and yellow marrow in its cavities.
C. has endosteum lining the medullary cavity.
D. has an epiphysis at each end.
E. all of the above.
2. The bones that make up the boundaries of
1. The growth of the long bones is/are:
A. controlled by a hormone from the pituitary gland.
B. mainly at the epiphyseal plate of bones growing in length.
C. usually terminated about the 21st year of life in men, and at the 18th year
D. due to a
1. All of the following individuals visit the White House. One of the individuals falls
off the front porch and breaks their elbow. Which would be the most likely victim?
A. Ali McBeal
B. Brooke Shields
C. Dennis the Menace
D. Bob Hope
E. Sammy Sosa