IDENTIFYING GRAM NEGATIVE RODS
NOTE: This exercise should be performed in parallel with the softwares Help
files under the Quick Start Tutorial section on Identifying Bacteria and the
Show Me How To Identify Unknowns files. In these r
ANTIMICROBIAL AND CHEMOTHERAPEUTIC
2. Complete the following tests and fill in the table below with the results you recorded in
your lab report for this organism.
Antibiotic or Chemical
Zone of inhibition observed?
CONTROLLING MICROBIAL GROWTH
3. Controlling microbial growth is of great importance How does salt control microbial growth
and reduce spoilage?
The salt draws moisture from meat through a process called mitosis. Moisture is a
catalyst for microbial grow
GROWTH MEDIA AND PATTERNS OF GROWTH
2. Click on the M icon and complete the table below
Complex or Synthetic?
Selective, Differential, Both, Neither?
2. Circle the correct answer(s) in each instance below, to describe the unknown organism
found in the
Gram + coccus clusters
ASEPTIC TECHNIQUE TUBE-TO-TUBE
3. List three precautions taken in the wetlab to reduce accidental and unwanted inoculation (also
contamination) of sterile media.
1. At all times, be paying attention to what you are doing.
2. You shoul
TOURING THE VIRTUAL LAB
3. e. What message do you receive?
You must select a gram stain result
5. What is the initial color of each and what might be the meaning of that color?
Inoculation- Red- means transfer has not been attempted
MANNITOL SALT AGAR
Remove the culture from the incubator and observe the growth. Provide results for
these two tests: Growth on 7.5% NaCl: Positive
Mannitol Fermentation: Negative
What result would be expected in the growth in 6.5% NaCl test for
IDENTIFYING GRAM POSITIVE COCCI
NOTE: This exercise should be performed in parallel with the softwares Help files under
the Quick Start Tutorial section on Identifying Bacteria and the Show Me How to
Identify Unknowns files. In these resources a
Stakeholder Analysis for Project Name
Prepared by: Organization Role on project Unique facts about stakeholder Level of interest Level of influence Suggestions on managing relationships Date: Stakeholder 1 Stakeholder 2 Stakeholder 3
Statement of Work for Project Name
Prepared by: Date:
I. Scope of Work: Describe the work to be done to detail. Specify the hardware and software involved and the exact nature of the work. II. Location of Work: Describe where the work must be perfor
Project Title: Project Start Date: Budget Information: Project Manager: Name, phone, e-mail Project Objectives: Projected Finish Date:
Roles and Responsibilities Role Name Organization/ Position Contact Information