STUDY QUESTIONS 2
1. What is the marriage of the Lamb?
It is the union of Christ with his bride, the church, which happens at the Second Coming. Jesus
uses the metaphor to describe the eschatological coming of the kingdom.
2. How does Ladd i
STUDY QUESTIONS 1
1. How does Ladd define premillennialism?
He defines it as the doctrine stating that after the second coming, Christ will reign for a thousand
years before the final consummation of Gods redemptive purpose, in the new heaven
STUDY QUESTIONS 5
1. What is Hoekemas main criticism of Hoyts approach?
He says that he disagrees with his methods of interpretation and that it is difficult to
evaluate because of him not giving a specific exegesis of any passage of script
STUDY QUESTIONS 6
1. Summarize in your own words Boettners view of how the millennium will come
He says that the millennial era is the natural result of the high moral and spiritual life of
that time. He also explains that when other
STUDY QUESTIONS 7
1. How does Hoekema respond to Boettners two main arguments for his position?
1) He says that one may not fully understand the claim by the passages that the author uses,
and even if one should be inclined to agree that th
STUDY QUESTIONS 8
1. What is the difference between the way premillennialists and amillennialists interpret
Old Testament prophecy?
Premillennialists are committed to what is called the literal interpretation of OT
Topic: Describe the four systems of millennial thought (origins, eschatological outline, key beliefs, etc.).
Which of the four do you find most convincing, and why? Length: More than 3 pages, less than 4.
There are four systems of millennial though