Name : Meghan Nelson
BIBL 3105 Wisdom Books as Literature
Endo, Shusaku, Silence, (New York: Taplinger Publishing Company, 1969).
Keep this Reading Guide with you as you work though the book because much of the Guide asks for
1. When looking back on your own life, do you ever wish you had worried less about the
2. What years of your life were most formative for you, and why?
3. Do you feel that you have a heightened awarenes
Dr. Meghan Sullivan: A Study Guide
First things/April 2014
Name Meghan Nelson
Dr. Sullivan opened her essay detailing her all-too-common crisis of faith which she endured as she
entered the University of Virginia. In about 50 words, please su
Meghan Nelson, Box 783
This particular lesson is for a small group of about 5-7 seventh grade girls. They are all
around the age of 12-13 years old, and they all come from low-income families. They attend
HISTORY OF ISRAEL EXAM #1 INFORMATION SHEET/STUDY GUIDE
Here's an idea of what to study for Exam #1, which will cover Joshua & Judges. This exam will
be worth 100 points, or 10% of your final grade.
First of all, this exam will NOT include any items from
BIBL 1111 - Hermeneutics
Study Guide Fall 2012 Final
The final test will cover the following materials:
Review reading guides for pages 359-384, 387-398, 399-418, 418-440, 451-475.
Biblical Proverbs (Wisdom)
Topic: Describe the four systems of millennial thought (origins, eschatological outline, key beliefs, etc.).
Which of the four do you find most convincing, and why? Length: More than 3 pages, less than 4.
There are four systems of millennial though
STUDY QUESTIONS 8
1. What is the difference between the way premillennialists and amillennialists interpret
Old Testament prophecy?
Premillennialists are committed to what is called the literal interpretation of OT
STUDY QUESTIONS 7
1. How does Hoekema respond to Boettners two main arguments for his position?
1) He says that one may not fully understand the claim by the passages that the author uses,
and even if one should be inclined to agree that th
STUDY QUESTIONS 6
1. Summarize in your own words Boettners view of how the millennium will come
He says that the millennial era is the natural result of the high moral and spiritual life of
that time. He also explains that when other
STUDY QUESTIONS 5
1. What is Hoekemas main criticism of Hoyts approach?
He says that he disagrees with his methods of interpretation and that it is difficult to
evaluate because of him not giving a specific exegesis of any passage of script
STUDY QUESTIONS 1
1. How does Ladd define premillennialism?
He defines it as the doctrine stating that after the second coming, Christ will reign for a thousand
years before the final consummation of Gods redemptive purpose, in the new heaven
STUDY QUESTIONS 2
1. What is the marriage of the Lamb?
It is the union of Christ with his bride, the church, which happens at the Second Coming. Jesus
uses the metaphor to describe the eschatological coming of the kingdom.
2. How does Ladd i